Let Guests Change Theme

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

AlexC

Mysidian Dollar
I have it set up so my guests can edit the theme - but the minute they move from the "you have successfully changed the theme" page, it goes back to the default page.

I have been told that the key to making that work is to add another table to my phpadmin thing.

However, nobody has told me what, where or how. Can someone please explain in idiot langauge how to do this? I can use phpadmin, and I know how to add stuff, but I need to be told in babysteps what to add.

one way of doing it is.. in the db add "Theme".. and set it to 0 - now when the user clicks the theme they want, have the link they clicked set the "Theme" in the db to 1 (or to whatever, based on how many themes you offer to the user) 0 is the default theme.. you'll need if statements that checks the "Theme" on every page so it knows which theme to show.

another way of doing is by setting up a cron job...

so, there's 2 ways of doing it.. hope that helps :)

Last edited:
... okay, the first one sounds nice, but I don't really understand how to do it.

I am an idiot, please bear with me. D: I have learning disabilities, it makes it really hard to understand when people are vague about stuff.

i'm not a php coder.. i like to design, so i don't think i can be of much more use with this.. i was merely suggesting a couple of ways of going about it to give you some ideas.

Last edited:
actually, come to think of it.. theme should already be in the db... it's just a matter of setting it to whatever one the user selects..

try looking at how they change themes they already offer..