kitto adopt script

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

Nemesis

Mysidian Dollar
Just installed the kitto adopt script for a client on 99webs. It was a bit more challenging to install and prolly will be harder to use. I didn't see an admin panel so site settings and features are all controlled in the files.

example of site here:
http://domesticpets.99webs.info/

script info here:
http://kitto.yasashiisyndicate.org/

I will be checking that script out more too. Also gonna install that adventure script for a client and see how that is.

What kind of problems and work arounds did you encounter while installing it? Chibi_Chicken tried installing for our site and wasn't able to.

Found the admin panel duh. lol... this looks a little more complicated but i think it has some potential. only thing i don't like is all the pet shop, item gibber. i just like to have a pet and click it to grow... there's no levels or anything.

What kind of problems and work arounds did you encounter while installing it? Chibi_Chicken tried installing for our site and wasn't able to.

There were just a lot more steps and you had to manually add files to the sql database and edit the .htaccess and as always one little mistake and the whole site won't work.

I can install it for any account on my server(host).

Thanks for the help Nemesis with the Kitto set up :) I have quite a lot of work ahead of me but that adventure script, that you posted about, seems quite interesting.

There were just a lot more steps and you had to manually add files to the sql database and edit the .htaccess and as always one little mistake and the whole site won't work.

I can install it for any account on my server(host).

Thank you, I'll have to revisit it sometime. I like the Rusnak script I'm using, but I am curious to see how they put theirs together.

I have installed that "adventure script" witch is actually called Dragon Knight or the more advanced version Dragon Scourage. And it really is amazing. But way more advanced, you have to know a bit php and sql/ phpmyadmin to be able to do anything with it. I would do somethign with it but its a big project and couldn't do it myself. So if anyone was interested in helping maybe we could get a playable game going.

DX I'm struggling enough with the php on my own site. I would offer art services, but school has me weighed down at the moment.

Umm this does look interesting. I also know a few commercial adoptables/pets script, one of them even has a simple battle system. Unfortunately, none of these is still under development. Apparently adoptables script itself is not profitable enough for any company to make money, it is better for true adoptables lovers to develop scripts.

And incase you wonder, that script's last update time was July 2009, before I got to know BMR and Rusnak Adoptables:
http://kitto.yasashiisyndicate.org/downloads.html

Well this depends, the two scripts offer different features so it is hard to tell. As far as I know, Kitto adopt has not been updated for a long period of time, and no customer support is offered.

This has some potentiel ,it sure will grow and i'll probably use it in the future...but MAS will always be THE script <3