How to use GD Image Writing?

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages
I know that it's on, but it's not adding anything to the images.

Ok. Please check that:

1. The images you are using are .gif images. The GD will only add text to .gif images, not .jpg or .png. If you are not using .gif images, use an image editor to convert the images, then upload in the Admin CP and edit the adoptables to use the .gif images.

2. GD is enabled on your server. Do you remember during installation if your server got a PASS or a WARNING mark for GD when you installed the script? If you got a WARNING mark for GD, then GD is probably not installed on the server, so images fall back to the standard display method.

Brandon

Both are going on.
Is there a specific size the image has to be?

The setting to use GD images is enabled in your ACP, correct? There shouldn't be a specific size, but I wonder if that may be it if the text is being cut off of the image.

Do you have a link?

It's all enabled.

No text AT ALL is being added.
Could you go on AIM? It would make chatting easier.

Ok, I'll be online for the next few minutes. Screenname: BrandonRusnak

Aww, I'm having the same problem. But my pictures aren't shown at all. But at the site, it's not working.

I think...

I have similar issues, uploading jpg images give errors that the file is in the wrong format and when I export the same image to .gif then upload it, I see no addition, just the pic.
Could be the size exceeding some limits? I am testing at this site
Would it be possible to have an automatic resize to a maximum size (horizontal or vertical) when adding new adoptable?

Also, I assume that script does not work with animated gifs or it will stop animation, am I right?

I have solved that problem. It turned out that I turned this little thing > to the wrong way.

loglive said:
I have similar issues, uploading jpg images give errors that the file is in the wrong format and when I export the same image to .gif then upload it, I see no addition, just the pic.
Could be the size exceeding some limits? I am testing at this site
Would it be possible to have an automatic resize to a maximum size (horizontal or vertical) when adding new adoptable?

Also, I assume that script does not work with animated gifs or it will stop animation, am I right?

The images must be .gif to work, so .jpg would possibly give error messages. I don't believe it will work with animated .gifs either, it may stop the animation as you suggested.

For the images with no addition, what are the dimensions of the images?

For image writing, the only mandatory functions are putC and putBuf, which return the number of characters written; these functions must write the number of characters requested except in the event of an error. The seek and tell functions are only required in conjunction with the gd2 file format, which supports quick loading of partial images. The gd_free function will not be invoked when calling the standard Ctx functions; it is an implementation convenience when adding new data types to gd. For examples, see gd_png.c, gd_gd2.c, gd_jpeg.c, etc., all of which rely on gdIOCtx to implement the standard image read and write functions.