Free Hosts?

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

AlexC

Mysidian Dollar
Okay, so I was wondering what everyone who was running free hosts, or has in the past, has used? I was using 99webs, but Nemesis doesn't support mysql 5.3, which is needed for the newest script and will be a requirement beyond that.

I have tried host-ed.me, which supports it, but I'm receiving errors and blank pages whenever I access a page that needs to talk to the database. :/ I've tried multiple sites for sign-ups, but all have fallen through in some way (don't have free accounts atm, didn't send me emails, etc). Any tips guys?

Requirements are;

- ad free, (linkbacks fine)
- mysql 5.3
- php and all that jazz
- okay size limit

I have my own domain, but can't afford paid hosting at this point.

We use x10hosting right now, they provide you with unlimited bandwidth, but the size isn't that great. The problem is that a lot of the good hosts don't seem to keep their PHP or SQL up to date, eventually when I have the funds, I'm probably just going to build our own small server machine and host it myself.

Unfortunately, for now it looks like x10 is probably the only way to go that supports everything that the MSAscript has to offer.

I was originally using x10 ages ago, but had a ton of problems with their uptime and so on. How are they nowerdays?

Wasn't the issue with the database and not the php though? Either way, yes, higher php as well.

I am testing one host at the moment that may work... I had issues transferring, but don't seem to have any now that I've upgraded. Have to see if anything pops up though, I'll tell you guys how it goes.

Well the issue is with PHP, Mys v1.3.2 right now requires PHP 5.3 to run properly. The database aint really a problem.

ah, I see then. Alrighty. lol, getting a little confused I guess.

Host-ed has been working perfectly for me. No errors at all.

Darn, must have been something on my end then. I'm on host1free.com at the moment and seems to be running alright.

i used x10 hosting a long time ago ( about 5 years ago or even longer ago) when there was still a traffic limit

the reason why most hosts does not upgrade there php is because not everything is compitable with php 5.3 (unlike before )
a example is vbulletin , if you got a vbulletin 3 forum , then it will NOT work (lot of sesion errors and dublicate header errors ) unless they got that fixed in a patch

also mybb was having trouble with it ( i think it was 1.2 ) that shows some strange code that dit not get executed/reconised by php and only worked on 5.2

then you probaly wonder why they do not use multi php like some hosts does

well , to install that part , you need to install differend php instalations , configure them manual and use htacces to add a header handler
if 1 version got tweaked then the other need to be tweaked also , to run them at the same time can also give performance problems
and there are a few more reasons , try to update the php 5.3 version when main version is 5.2 .. probaly the 5.2 get updated, trows some errors and the 5.3 will even fail to work ( dublicated php or files or those errors you do not want to have )

anyway
from the days i was with x10 then they where great

Greetings From PowerChaos

Well thats not really an excuse, thsoe who refuse to upgrade 'cause there is this thing called 'Inertia' in real life. PHP 5.3 is compatible with almost all up-to-date scripts, most webhosts do offer PHP 5.3 at this point.

at current moment do i offer a special deal for this forum

normaly i am only a paid host , because freehost provide some complications (freehosters knows where i am talking about )

but for this script i make a exeption , at current moment i got php 5.2.8 and php 5.3.19 running at the same time

users who are looking for a freehost for this script can get a free account from me
i can offer differend subdomains or you can provide me some suggestion

there is only 1 rule , the free account can only be used for mysidiaadoptables , i am still no freehost but just offering a free service to this community

send me a pm if intrested :D

Greetings From PowerChaos

Oh so Nemesis is having PHP 5.3.8? I see, you do need at least PHP 5.3.9 to get by certain constraints though. PHP 5.3.8 has a glitch with abstract method inheritance.