Forum Registration

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

Alaric

Mysidian Dollar
Hello,

I'm having problem with my forum registrations, whenever a new user registers for an account on my site it keeps giving them a error message as Such "Failed to create forum account". They get Registered on the site, but not on the forums.

Can you please sort this out for me?

Regards,
Alaric.

You have to go into your Mysidia 'inc' folder and find config_forum, you have to input the forum database info in there so that Mysidia recognizes that there is an integrated forum.

You've installed mybb correctly, made a new DB and configured all the file paths? If so, post your config_forum script here with any passwords censored out. So that I can have a look at it.

<?php
//Mysidia Adoptables Site Configuration File

//Forum Integration Info: MyBB
$mybbenabled = 1; // 0 = disabled, 1 = enabled
$mybbhost = 'localhost'; // Consult your host if you believe this field is not localhost
$mybbuser = 'alaric';
$mybbpass = '';
$mybbdbname = 'alaric_pokemon';
$mybbpath = '';
$mybbprefix = 'mybb_'; // This is the default setting as you install MyBB forum, feel free changing it if you have a different prefix
$mybbremember = -1;
?>

You didn't specify the path to the forum folder from the root, that may be your problem. Unless you installed mybb straight into the public_html, which you shouldn't. That would lead to a big problem as the files would be all mixed up.

What folder is your installation of mybb placed into in on your site?

This should be fine...?

98a4j5.jpg

<?php

$mybbhost = 'localhost'; // Consult your host if you believe this field is not localhost
$mybbuser = 'alaric';
$mybbpass = '';
$mybbpath = '/forum';
$mybbprefix = 'mybb_'; // This is the default setting as you install MyBB forum, feel free changing it if you have a different prefix
$mybbremember = 1;
?>

That should work, I put the path into the config. Just replace your password and that should work, post again if it doesn't help.

<?php

$mybbuser = 'alaric';
$mybbpass = '';
$mybbpath = '/forum';
$mybbremember = 1;
?>

That should work, I put the path into the config. Just replace your password and that should work, post again if it doesn't help.

I changed the path many times like
'/'
'/forum'
'/forum/'

But it never worked.

Now let me try again to see if it works. :eye:

Nope. Still getting this message : "Failed to create forum account"

You assigned your database user to the new DB with full access, right?
Other than part of the information input being wrong or the config files not filled out correctly I can't think of anything else that may be the problem.

You assigned your database user to the new DB with full access, right?
Other than part of the information input being wrong or the config files not filled out correctly I can't think of anything else that may be the problem.

Should I PM you my details hosting details?

I'm actually in the process of working on a site myself, if you'd like you can send them and I'll give it a try, but I've never worked with 99host, so I'm not sure that I'll know what I'm doing. Most of the sites that I've helped to bring up have been x10.

But, like I said. If I get some free time and you'd like me to try, I will.

Still having the problem, Made a new db for forums. But the registrations yet Fail to create forum account.

Nope, I did it last Night. But I'm still having the same problem "Failed to register a forum account"

Here's my new db config file

Please help me out on this HOF

PHP:
<?php

$mybbuser = 'alaric';
$mybbpass = 'qwerty12345';
$mybbdbname = 'alaric_forum';
$mybbpath = '/forum';
$mybbremember = -1;  		
?>

Last edited:
Did you install the forum script using that new DB that you created last night?

I just looked and it all looks right.

So I am at a loss for this too.

You might just need to have members join the forums separately...