Flash Links Tip

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

PTGigi

Crazily Friendly~HoF
Premium Member
Mysidian Dollar
Yeah this is just a REALLY quick tip that'll save your site. I found this out when only one of my links was working properly. I know not a lot of people use Flash, but for those who do or are planning to keep this in mind!

Okay, so if you are using Flash ActionScript 2 the code for a url is:
Code:
on (release) {
    getURL("URLHERE", "_self", "GET");
}
You take this simple code and place it on any button object to get your URL. But if you type in your URL one way (which is a correct way to make a url) your log-in will break. Meaning, if a logged in user goes to the page with the Flash element, clicks on the button in the Flash program, and gets taken to another page THE USER WILL BE LOGGED OUT :catfish:

Now to make SURE you type your URLs in correctly use this format:
Code:
on (release) {
    getURL("http://yoursite.com", "_self", "GET");
}
The tiny little thing you must keep in mind is NOT to include the 'www.' before the URL as this, for some unknown reason, will log the user out until they click on a menubar link (that makes no sense either).

Sound easy enough? X3 Basically this whole lesson is remove the 'www.' and your user will not be logged out :usedusedused:

I think the log out problem is caused by the cookie settings, the cookie maybe set to domain.com but not www.domain.com... just a hunch though..