using a Flash or SWF for the image

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

redheadturkey

Mysidian Dollar
Is there a way I can add this as an acceptable Pet image?

I am not sure where to alter this ..I'd really like to have more options for images :)

redheadturkey said:
Is there a way I can add this as an acceptable Pet image?

I am not sure where to alter this ..I'd really like to have more options for images :)

There's a couple of things you can try for this. The first involves tweaking your server a bit in order to trick the adoptables script into thinking your .swf files are really .jpg files. To do this, create a new directory on your server and upload your .swf file to that directory, but give it a .jpg file extension. Then create a new .htaccess file in that directory and inside put:

Code:
# diguise all file extensions as swf
ForceType application/x-shockwave-flash

Now, if you use the add image from URL option in the adoptables script and link to your .swf file that has its file extension renamed to .jpg it should work. If it doesn't let me know. :)

I don't know if the .swf files will work in this manner and I'm not too familiar with the .swf file type. If the above doesn't work, please post a code snippet here of how you would embed a .swf file into an HTML webpage as that would need to be tweaked for the adoptables script if the above solution doesn't work. :)

thanks!! Ah ..no luck with that method of tricking it ....I'll find the code for embedding ....

thanks for the information :)