FAQ - LOOK HERE FIRST for the answers to those questions that are asked over and over

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

Seapyramid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mysidian Dollar
I have started adding questions, BUT still DO NOT respond yet! This thread is for the newest release of phpadoptables! If you have questions about upgrading, Brandon as written clear & comprehensive instructions here http://www.rusnakweb.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1034. Please do NOT ask for help here!.

This is for the mutual benefit of those who have an uncanny fear of the "search" feature and those of us who answer the same question over and over again!

Please DO NOT post in this thread until it is officially opened! Doing so will earn you a warning!

Sea

RE: FAQ - LOOK HERE FIRST or risk being ignored!

General Questions:

1. - Question I would like to use PNG images, will there be a function later when PNG files can also be used for GD signatures?
    Answer As for PNG images, in the future Brandon may expand the fancy signature option to work with png and jpg images in a future release.
  2. - Question I'd love to install a forum for my pet site, but I want both to recognize the users so they don't have to register twice, how can I do it?
    Answer It should be possible to bridge these details with a few modifications. Brandon will post a guide soon on how to bridge the PHPAdopts program with another application, such as a forum.
  3. - Question Is it possible to choose between languages for members?
    Answer Right now it is not possible to select between languages as the script currently is meant to be used in only one language at a time.
  4. - Question Is it possible to have more then one alternate outcome per adoptable?
    Answer Right now it is only possible to have ONE alternate outcome per adoptable. Also as of right now alternate outcomes can only be visible on the level 1 stage or above, NOT on the egg stage! If eggs are to have different images it MUST be a different adoptable!
  5. - Question I would like to add a chat box to my site. How can I do this?
    Answer Chat boxes are NOT recommended for ANY FREE site and are warned against for paid sites.! The constant refresh to maintain a chat box uses a lot of server resources and if you site grows to a decent number of members/visitors you run a HIGH risk of being SHUT DOWN by your host!
  6. - Question Is it possible to put a link on the menu only visible to admins?
    Answer Yes there is go to your functions.php page and in your sidebar function place this(right before the $sidebar = "):
    Code:
    $group = getgroup();
    $cancp = cancp($group);

if($cancp == "yes"){
    $admin = "<a href='admin.php'><b>ACP</b></a><br>";
    }
    else{
    $admin = "";
    } 

$sidebar = "<b><u>".$loggedinname."'s Links:</u></b><br><br>

Thanks for posting this. :)

Hopefully this will help, however part of me thinks that it will not as unfortunately it seems there are some questions that will be asked again and again regardless. Anyway, I'm going to stick this. Feel free to update this Sea as you see fit.

Brandon

BMR777 said:
Thanks for posting this. :)

Hopefully this will help, however part of me thinks that it will not as unfortunately it seems there are some questions that will be asked again and again regardless. Anyway, I'm going to stick this. Feel free to update this Sea as you see fit.

Brandon

Yes I contacted here on making this thread. However I haven't been able to get on at all to stick/answer her questions.

RE: FAQ - LOOK HERE FIRST or risk being ignored!

For the admin link this is how I got it to work
Put this above $sidebar =
PHP:
$group = getgroup();
$cancp = cancp($group);

if($cancp == "yes"){
$admin = "<a href='/admin.php'><b>Admin Panel</b></a><br>";
}
else{
$admin = "";
}

Then Under $sidebar =
PHP:
".$admin."
I was confused at first why it wasn't working but then I saw I wasn't adding the link.

*** just saw
seapyramid said:
Please DO NOT post in this thread until it is officially opened! Doing so will earn you a warning!
But that was in feb, and I felt this would be helpful :p

lol it is not that hard to get rid of spammers if an admin or mod actually visits this place at least for 5-10 mins a day, lol. And there's something else that quite worth noting:

- Question I would like to use PNG images, will there be a function later when PNG files can also be used for GD signatures?
Answer As for PNG images, in the future Brandon may expand the fancy signature option to work with png and jpg images [size=large]in a future release[/size].

The next release may be near, lets be patient everyone. ^^

o_O that would be an awesome project to try. Sadly, I'm 100% sure I'm not nearly experienced enough of a programmer for this. *goes back to trying to make more than 1 alternate image*