Alternate Images for Genders

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

Con

Mysidian Dollar
Instead of the alternates being set by a random factor, being set by the gender of the pet.

I'm new so please don't kick me for something that already exists.

I am sorry that I havent gotten back to you regarding your request yet. And yes, this is definitely doable. You will need to manually edit the line that generates alternative forms of adoptables. I can show you an example of how to do that later if I have time.

Here is a possible way to have alternates set by gender:

Find these lines in doadopt.php:

PHP:
                        $alts = getaltstatus($id, 0, 0);

// We need a unique code for the adoptable so we can show it to the user when we're done here...

$code = rand(1, 20000);
                        $genders = array('f', 'm');
                        $rand = rand(0,1);

runquery("INSERT INTO {$prefix}owned_adoptables VALUES ('', '{$row['type']}', '$name','$loggedinname','0','0', '$code', '','$alts','fortrade','no', '$genders[$rand]','0')");

// Adoption complete, show the user a confirmation screen...
Replace with something like this(the code may be different depending on the structure of your table prefix_owned_adoptables):

PHP:
                        // We need a unique code for the adoptable so we can show it to the user when we're done here...

$code = rand(1, 20000);
                        $rand = rand(0,1);
                        $petgender = $genders[$rand];
                        switch($petgender){
                          case "m": 
                          $alts = "yes";
                          break;
                          default: 
                          $alts = "no";
                        }                        

runquery("INSERT INTO {$prefix}owned_adoptables  VALUES ('', '{$row['type']}', '$name','$loggedinname','0','0', '$code',  '','$alts','fortrade','no', '$petgender','0')");

This will set female sprite to be primary and male sprite to be alternate. Lemme know if this code wont work for you, and take a screenshot of your prefix_owned_adoptables so I can assist you further.

Yes, it should. It will generate a pet gender first and then decide which image to use based on whether its male or female. In my script above the female image is primary, while male image is alternate.

do i delete

Code:

I'm guessing no b/c it worked =) Cool! I switched it to "f" instead of "m" though so my male image will be primary. Very cool!

Last edited:
Well its better to delete that line since it wont do anything after you've changed the method alternate form of adoptables is defined.

Oh ok I'll delete it then! I'm loving this so much I'm going back and making male and female images of all of the adopts. Sucks though that the ones already adopted won't have that feature implemented with them though.

Glad it helped you SDT, it seems that I havent released a Mys public mod for a while already. The work of itemshop and other Mys v1.3.0 programming do take much time off me. I am considering making Mys v1.2.3 available as a security release, which will strengthen password encryption protection, enable registration question/answer(prevent bots registration) and fix script flaws. I may update my old mods for Mys v1.1.x to Mys v1.2.x afterwards.

Glad it helped you SDT, it seems that I havent released a Mys public mod for a while already. The work of itemshop and other Mys v1.3.0 programming do take much time off me. I am considering making Mys v1.2.3 available as a security release, which will strengthen password encryption protection, enable registration question/answer(prevent bots registration) and fix script flaws. I may update my old mods for Mys v1.1.x to Mys v1.2.x afterwards.

Will that include donate fix? Would like to know, so I know whether or not I should work on it myself.

Well it should include donate fix, as donating negative amount of money will be automatically corrected to its absolute value(thus always yields a positive value). If you have more suggestions on the donation system, please speak your mind out, we dont mind if you try to code one yourself and submit it to us.

Please note that once you submit a script and it is adopted in an official release, you will not be able to take back your contribution in future. For instance, if you submit a minigame script and it is used in Mys v1.3.0, but you want to take it out from Mys v1.3.x or Mys v1.4.0. This is not possible, unless you have detected a flaw in your script that causes severe programming or security issues.

Don't know how well your coding is, but what about an auto complete feature when typing in a username (could be very universal), perhaps anonymous donations.

About the autocomplete feature though, I may look into this myself as a mod release.

Also why would one ask to have something taken out? Seems quite dumb to be honest.

umm auto-complete feature? Mind elaborating a bit more? And donate anonymously? This is actually a quite easy job to do, there are many ways to censor usernames so they appear anonymous.

Well there may be at times when a user chooses not to contribute anymore, the losers will claim to take their contribution away from the community. I know it only happens like once in a blue moon, but it will be rather important to make sure we will not be affected by any possible losers. We will warn contributors of this before they submit scripts/themes, so it is not our fault if a contributor wants to take back his/her contribution prior to leaving the community and finds out that this is not allowed. We will not be using any non-staff members script without such consent anyway.

auto complete/auto suggest

Pretty much like on google, if you start typing..... united states, it will offer suggestions of completion.

Also as long as credit is given, I don't see what the big deal would be, but I guess everyone is different

I see, it does sound interesting. I looked at the url already, seems that it may require javascript programming? I cannot code in javascript at this moment, but it should be interesting to see if its possible to code such a system with PHP/Mysql alone.

Here is a possible way to have alternates set by gender:

Find these lines in doadopt.php:

PHP:

$code = rand(1, 20000);
                        $rand = rand(0,1);

runquery("INSERT INTO {$prefix}owned_adoptables VALUES ('', '{$row['type']}', '$name','$loggedinname','0','0', '$code', '','$alts','fortrade','no', '$genders[$rand]','0')");

Replace with something like this(the code may be different depending on the structure of your table prefix_owned_adoptables):

PHP:

$code = rand(1, 20000);
                        $rand = rand(0,1);
                        $petgender = $genders[$rand];
                        switch($petgender){
                          case "m": 
                          $alts = "yes";
                          break;
                          default: 
                          $alts = "no";
                        }                        

runquery("INSERT INTO {$prefix}owned_adoptables  VALUES ('', '{$row['type']}', '$name','$loggedinname','0','0', '$code',  '','$alts','fortrade','no', '$petgender','0')");

This will set female sprite to be primary and male sprite to be alternate. Lemme know if this code wont work for you, and take a screenshot of your prefix_owned_adoptables so I can assist you further.

i am sorry for the BUMP, but is there a way to accomplish this in MAS 1.3.0?

-thanks

EDIT: i fixed it. i didn't have one of the } towards the end.

-thanks

Last edited:
mmmhh... I've tried this for 1.3.1 but I've got a error-message

PHP:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function runquery() in /var/www/clients/client161/web331/web/adopties/doadopt.php on line 67

and this is the line 67...

PHP:
runquery("INSERT INTO {$prefix}owned_adoptables  VALUES ('', '{$row['type']}', '$name', '$owner', '0', '0', '$code', '','$usealternates','fortrade','no', '$gender','0')");

why ???? :Q::Q:

The function runquery() is no longer valid in Mys v1.3.x. We are using PDO class, you need to replace all queries with appropriate PDO equivalent code.