Age Verification [ANSWERED]

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

arlecchina

Mysidian Dollar
I would like (and I suggest everyone do the same) to include a month, day and year field during registration to use for the user's birthday. Then I would like to verify that the user's birthday is over the age of 12 before registering them (to comply with COPPA - http://www.coppa.org/comply.htm).

I have searched online and this forum for something relevant but so far have had no luck . Is there anything existing I can use that is recommended to add to the register.php file or is anyone working on a mod of this?

I understand this would mean altering the database.

Thanks for any information and feedback in advance.

RE: Age Verification

You would have to request the users dob & then check that against a revolving number (that changes daily) to allow or disallow. However, to comply with COPPA you only have to have in your TOS that they agree they are over the age of 12 or have parents permission. As long as that is in your TOS & they agree to it you have complied with COPPA.

Sea

RE: Age Verification

Seapyramid said:
You would have to request the users dob & then check that against a revolving number (that changes daily) to allow or disallow. However, to comply with COPPA you only have to have in your TOS that they agree they are over the age of 12 or have parents permission. As long as that is in your TOS & they agree to it you have complied with COPPA.

Sea
Thanks for the information!