Help: Change all users at once? [Answered]

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

Magnie

Pythonic
Mysidian Dollar
Please move this to The Webmaster Bat-Cave, I put this in the wrong section, sorry!

( I may figure this out on my own :p ) Note: This isn't very related to the adoptable script, I'm making a game that is using the adoptable script as a... template you might say to run the game.

Okay, I am trying to make it so a user gets 100 Cash every five minutes, I've got it so the script/file will run every five minutes, I just can't get all the users getting 100 Cash. Only one user at a time, I'm trying to take the "User list" and have that update the user accounts resources, but, that doesn't seem to be working. :/ Here is the code that is suppose to be updating the users' resources:

PHP:
$query = "SELECT * FROM ".$prefix."users";

$result = mysql_query($query);

//Loop out code

$i=0;

while ($i < $num2) {

$user=@mysql_result($result,$i,"username");

$cash=@mysql_result($result,$i,"cash");

$metal=@mysql_result($result,$i,"metal");

$power=@mysql_result($result,$i,"power");

$fuel=@mysql_result($result,$i,"fuel");

$cashs = $cash + 100;
$metals = $metal + 75;
$powers = $power + 25;
$fuels = $fuel + 50;

$query = "UPDATE ".$prefix."users SET cash='".$cashs."' WHERE username='".$user."'";

mysql_query($query);

$query = "UPDATE ".$prefix."users SET metal='".$metals."' WHERE username='".$user."'";

mysql_query($query);

$query = "UPDATE ".$prefix."users SET fuel='".$fuels."' WHERE username='".$user."'";

mysql_query($query);

$query = "UPDATE ".$prefix."users SET power='".$powers."' WHERE username='".$user."'";

mysql_query($query);

$i++;

}

Any ideas? ( I know it says fuel, metal, power, and cash and that stuff, but as I said before, this is for a game that isn't related to adoptables. ;) )

RE: Help: Change all users at once?

You're running 3 queries per user - that's a lot. I'd update them all in one query.
$query = "UPDATE ".$prefix."users SET cash='".$cashs."' AND metal='".$metals."' AND fuel='".$fuels."' WHERE username='".$user."'";
Next, are you running a cronjob? I have no idea how to get those set up (won't work on my own adoptables site -.-) but if you are and you need help, I'm sure someone else can help. :)

I've been wondering how to do multiple of those in one go, thanks! Yeah, I'm running a Cron Job that runs every 5 minutes. ( And still is even though the .php file won't work. ) If you want, I could try to help you get the Cron Job to work, it took my a bit to understand it ( plus some help ).

you need to use a loop to run though all users to do what you are trying to do, otherwise you will run through the first user only over & over till you time out & chrash your server.

Sea