Ability for Players to Release their Pets

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

NobodysHero

Co-Owner of MystFell
Mysidian Dollar
I've had my players ask if they could be allowed to "release pets" instead of "pound" them. I know this would basically be a delete option, but I'm not 100% on how to put that into practice. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, I've seen a mod or two for pet grouping or arranging. If there is a mod available or an easy code insertion that could achieve this, can someone point me in the right direction?

Appreciate the help and feedback!

So essentially, you are trying to revise the pound system in a way that it just deletes/purges the pet from your database, and the pet cannot be adopted by another user after you release/delete it?

Nearly. I still want the pound system to work, but I'd like the added function of allowing them to delete/purge their pet from their inventory, never to be seen again.

So, as my mother says, "Exactly, only different."

(( I'd take the lazy route, copy the two front most pound files (but not the classes) and just rename them. Then give people a link to 'release' their pets but never give anyone a link to actually adopt pets from your technically 'second' pound. ))

Okay... So maybe I messed this up in a ridiculous and silly way, but I made a "second pound", but I renamed everything "release" then went in to change all the places that said "pound" or "pounds" to "release". Then I made a table for it, also called "release" and "release_settings, by copying the pound and pound settings tables., but it gave me a server error?

What did I do wrong?