5 Random Adoptables = FAIL

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

Civil Engineer

Mysidian Dollar
This part of the script only shows 5 adopts from the top 10.. how is that random? lol

lol honestly your thread posted on this forum is more of an epic fail since I am 100% sure Brandon and his colleagues wont even look at it at all.

Where the heck is this guy anyway? I don't get how you just abandon projects like these without at least notifying people.

Why they didn't notify the members? They should notify the members first before they act..

I have a code that selects really 5 random adopts, do you want it ?

I've seen Brandon around MyAdopts here and there. Last I heard he put the adoptable script on hold until he's done with school.

Pokemontrainergigi has a random pet click script he's working on here.

You must change line 168 (its in my file that line) to
$query = "SELECT * FROM ".$prefix."owned_adoptables ORDER BY RAND() LIMIT 5 OFFSET ".$offset."";

;)

Well is there a way to actually delete the codes for five random pets so they just disappear from stats.php? I tried it myself but got a fatal error all the time.

And to answer your previous question, I think Brandon actually still wishes to earn some sort of profits out of this. You do know donation is still available and Brandon can still receive money from donators who do not even know this project is dead? This is why I am so mad at this, I wouldnt really care if he had abandoned this project at all if I hadnt paid for donator/premium membership.

The good news is that I eventually got Brandon to send me the trade script he had been using on myadopts.com, since apparently he knew how ridiculous free users on myadopts.com got a trade script while paid users here didnt. I will send the script to you guys/gals if you want it, but keep in mind that it may need a certain degree of modification to work on a base script of Rusnak Adoptables. I am having a scripter doing that right now, and hopefully he will find a way.

I would like it.. I will spend some time seeing if I can get it to work and then I can post my results :)

You can PM it to me :)

I've already got my own version of a trade script (my gf finished it just today, she's amazing), but I think the bid and trade system could also be useful for a marketplace mod.

I don't think its right for you to be redistributing the code though, if Brandon wanted everyone to have it he would give it to everyone. How much did you pay for it? Last time I talked to him he said he was thinking of selling it.

Well considering he's not here to give the code to members who pay for premium then what alternatives do we have..

Teshia said:
I've already got my own version of a trade script (my gf finished it just today, she's amazing), but I think the bid and trade system could also be useful for a marketplace mod.

I don't think its right for you to be redistributing the code though, if Brandon wanted everyone to have it he would give it to everyone. How much did you pay for it? Last time I talked to him he said he was thinking of selling it.

Well I paid him nothing. This is what it is supposed to be if myadopts.com users are already using it for free, no point of him charging me for that especially since I am a donator/premium member here.

I actually got a scripter to work on a pokemon-style trade with trade-evolution system, and chances are the scripter wont even base his script on Brandon's.

You guys, its not about alternatives. Its about his rights to his intellectual property. If he hasn't specifically said you can redistribute it then you are infringing on his copyrights.

If there was a master chef who hadn't hosted a free banquet in 2 years, I wouldn't go barging into his home telling him he's a bad cook and then steal his prize recipe to give away to the world for free. This is wrong and I would advise you against distributing his code without his express, written permission.

This is his website, his code, his intellectual property. When you get a premium account its a donation. Access to premium mods is a privileged and you shouldn't abuse it.

Hall of Famer said:
Well is there a way to actually delete the codes for five random pets so they just disappear from stats.php? I tried it myself but got a fatal error all the time.

And to answer your previous question, I think Brandon actually still wishes to earn some sort of profits out of this. You do know donation is still available and Brandon can still receive money from donators who do not even know this project is dead? This is why I am so mad at this, I wouldnt really care if he had abandoned this project at all if I hadnt paid for donator/premium membership.

The good news is that I eventually got Brandon to send me the trade script he had been using on myadopts.com, since apparently he knew how ridiculous free users on myadopts.com got a trade script while paid users here didnt. I will send the script to you guys/gals if you want it, but keep in mind that it may need a certain degree of modification to work on a base script of Rusnak Adoptables. I am having a scripter doing that right now, and hopefully he will find a way.
To delete the 5 random adoptables from stats.php just remove everything from line 106 - 160 (make sure to backup the file :) )

BTW, can you send me the script you got from Brandon?

Sure I will see what I can do. Actually I plan on release a different one compatible with the base script of Rusnak adoptables.

This was a project a class mate asked Brandon for.. he is busy with his school & life.. you all want real thoughts.. see Zami at petsgalorespa.net .. I have too many medical & personal issues to deal with right now... but she is close to redesigning the script with shops/trade/cash shop/genders & more.. all the things Mystic Grove has & move.. can host your sites and offer support.. up to you