user cannot read thier Pms

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

Ittermat

The awesomesauce
Mysidian Dollar
I have a new user who just let me know that they cannot read their pms...restless had done this- to fix the bug where you could read everyones messages...

But when my new user goes to read a pm it simply tells her "This is not your message to read.."

Im not sure why its doing this or how to fix it...I did check in all the setups and stuff in PHP my admin and it all seems fine..

If anyone has any help Id be appreciative

May i refix it and the problem is not in phpadmin its in registration php ,pm view and pm lang i can refix it pm me it happened with me too :)

I will check this for you later tonight when I have time. Maybe it has something to do with forum integration if you use it. But if you dont, then RestLessThoughts may have done it a bit erroneously with glitches. Either way, I will take a look and let you know.

Well it seems that I am able to read the PMs sent to my mailbox, so I cannot reproduce this error on my end. Do you have the same problem as the new user? Or is the new user the only one with such problem?
51zdbq.jpg

I see, so it doesnt happen to you either, right? In this case, ask the user to make a screenshot of the inbox(before reading the message), and I will see what happens.

No it doesnt happen to me.. and them telling me was the first I heard of any issues with it... I sent them a message asking for Screenshots..so we'll just have to wait I guess...

umm so then it has something to do with your custom modifications? If so, check the file that was modified and see if the private message was created properly.

you should ask the user for a screenshot or tell them to re-register and delete the previous account by ACP

Well you said it happened to this user when he/she receives item notifications. So maybe try to get item notification messages yourself and see if you can read such messages?

I have and they work fine for everyone else it seems... when I added the code I tested it on one of my users as well as myself and it was fine.

From what they said when they get these messages- it says they have a message- they go to their inbox, but when they click the green arrow to read it it tells them "this is NOT your message to read" when it clearly is.

Well I checked from the database and it seems the username of the User was entered incorrectly for that message. The username is 'FishFry', but it appeared to be 'Fishfry' for the message he/she cannot read. I changed it to 'FishFry' now and your user should be able to read the message then. Strangely it only affects one and only one message for this user.

I have no idea why it was 'Fishfry' in the first place though, did you create this private message for the user using ACP or PhpMyAdmin and somehow forgot to use uppercase?