Teshia's Mods

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

Teshia

Art Director & Developer
Mysidian Dollar
Mods that Teshia has made:
More BBC for Admins - Free to use and distribute, keep credit in the file, see attached for download.
Signature Fix to work on forums without php readfiles enabled - Free for personal use only, do not distribute, pm me for the mod.
Integrate Promo Code with Conditions - Free for personal use only, do not distribute, pm me for the mod.

Currently working on:
Gender Script that does not use alternate images to determine gender. *Alteration to Arianna's Mod.
Add an option to put adopts in a shop instead of the adopt page Going wild on an entire new shop script.

Mods made by Chibi (my girlfriend):
Forum integration - Not available at this time.
Custom pets with better UI - Not available at this time.
Trading Script with better UI - Not available at this time.
Avatar Script with equipable items - Not available at this time.

Currently working on: Gene Script

If you need help finding coordinates for your image map you may find this website extremely helpful.

Updates: 9/28/10 - Fixed a referencing error for the profile tag that accidentally sent you to my own site instead of yours. XD Don't use the previous version please.

Attachments

• MoreBBCforAdmins.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 7
RE: More BBC for the Admin Panel

Wow thats so nice of you Teshia, you must be a talented coder. Thank you so much for this script. ^^ Would you mind explaining how the map bbcode works? Is it like we can insert an image file and make it the worldmap of the adoptable site? ^^

Its quite interesting to note that all available mods/addons here are made by fans instead of the developer of Rusnak adoptable script.

RE: More BBC for the Admin Panel

Actually I really have no idea what I'm doing half the time. Its easy for me to go in and look how someone else does thier code and be able to interpret that into something cohesive, but its almost impossible for me to come up with code on my own. If the tools weren't already there I wouldn't be able to do it.

Anyway, yes, I will explain the image map in the first post. I just didn't have time last night. I think that any Open Source or free project should work that way. People like Brandon make the first initial push, and the community keeps it going. I'm actually working on a ton of other features with a friend, but I can only post the things that I build myself.

Updated BBC Mod for Admins, fixed an error in the profile tag that accidentally led you back to my own site instead of yours. Should work fine now.

Next update will include the following tags: adoptable, imgmap2, imgmap3, randomlink

A very big maybe on that last one... I'm not sure if I can code it.

Its to fix the signature BBC code that is generated when you go to manage a pet. It gets rid of the weird siggy.php?id=# thing and replaces it with the actual image url. This makes it more compatible for forums that won't read the php info. Just a simple fix.

^^ You're welcome! Eventually I'd like to make the admin page more functional as well, not just with BBC, but better editing options so you don't have to do everything in the database.

Teshia said:
^^ You're welcome! Eventually I'd like to make the admin page more functional as well, not just with BBC, but better editing options so you don't have to do everything in the database.

Yeah, I've been waiting for someone to make more options in the admin CP.
Members like you is what we need :D
I wish you good luck on creating more mods!

^^ Thank you! Yes, I saw some of you guys talking about it and I, too, would love it if I didn't have to go through the database all the time. I've already figured out a few things to add, and I'm open for suggestions. If you have something you'd like to add, I've been keeping track of suggestions on the MA forums here.

The suggestions in the link you posted was good enough!
It would be awesome if the admin panel has it all and I'm pretty sure other members here have some suggestion they'd like to add
EDIT:
I just remembered, can you create a mod for the upload image feature to be able to upload an image remotely?

o_O integrating the conditions with promo codes...? ...YAY!!!!! XD Gah that would be so nice but it never crossed my mind to do that. Sounds complex though. Well more complex than I really know, I'm not great at this yet. I'm actually REALLY REALLY close to being able to edit the number of clicks required in the admin panel, but I can't seem to get past one little annoying detail. -.-

My Orginal owner mod is finished :p,
I gone work now on a multiple images for 1 adoptable script ;)

@fadillzzz: I don't really know much about ftp, so I don't think I'll be able to do anything about that one. Sorry.

@Kaeliah: ^^ Yes, its actually not as hard as I thought it would be. I just need to figure out how to add a new column into the the database table. I'm actually going to add 2 more columns for the shop option that you suggested earlier. The time is mostly going to be spent fixing up the interface. Creating the function is easy, making it work...
^^ If you'd like we should collaborate! Maybe if we have someone checking our code it will be easier to see what's breaking?

@PokePets: >< I'm confused by what you're trying to say. Could you rephrase?

Totally agreed. I finished the editing required clicks in admin code in about 20 minutes. Getting it to work took another several hours because I really just started working with PHP uh yesterday? ^.^; Although I'm well versed in quite a few other languages.

I'm a bit impatient so when I want a mod I want it then and there so if there isn't one available, I make one! Right now I'm super close to finishing a multiple alternate image code but it's stupidly complex and I can't seem to get the function to work right D:

And what's even MORE annoying is that it DOESNT TELL ME WHERE THE PROBLEM IS. *dies* Where are all these lucky people who get error messages??

I was actually reading through a tutorial the other day that uses something called test oriented development or something. Basically you make a test for your script before you make your script. I'll see if I can find the link.

Edit: Its called Test Driven Development

Ah. That sounds useful. Except if I can't make the script, I don't see how I could make a script for a test. o_O

Usually if I read over the code enough times I find all the errors and then it's fine.

Haha, yeah, I thought the same thing when I first saw it. I need to learn how to make a test first, then I can do TDD. I've figured out the promo code thing, I just can't find the time to put it in the database because of work. The next thing I will work on is separating specific adopts into a shop section. I think it would be easier to just keep using the adopt system that's already in place and just add a new column to the adopts_adoptables table to determine if the name of the input is for 'always', 'cond', or (adding a new option) 'shop'. I'm getting rid of the 'promo' and placing that in 'cond' so that its now a feature that needs to be enabled or disabled.

Finally finished the Promo Code mod. I'm exhausted and very glad this mod is over with.

Blah...

Currently working on: Taking a short break for the weekend.

xD, enjoy :p !