Suggestions for default Item functions

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages
Thanks for your support Linkin. And yeah, the itemshop is the major new addition of Mys v1.3.x series compared to its successor, even though other features such as user profile redesign with tabs and WYSIWYG text editor are quite nice to have too.

Will there be any items that have "bad" affects - for example, if we don't explain what effect the items will take and then perhaps people will lose clicks or levels if they feed their pets the wrong foods? I don't plan on saying in the item descriptions which foods will give your pet more health - or clicks. I was hoping there would be some where if they fed their pets the wrong foods (foods you shouldn't feed rats), they'd lose clicks.

Sorry if this has already been suggested. xD

Suggestions if not already mentioned:

No mate Breeding item: A item that produces a egg with out the need of o a mate.

Example: I use the item on a "dog" to produce a puppy with out the need of a mate.

Item A on pet makes Item B: Using a item on a pet to produce a spellable item.

Examples: Use Item "shears" on Pet "sheep" to produce spellable wool.

using item on item: Using a item to turn a item to some thing different.

No mate Breeding item: A item that produces a egg with out the need of o a mate.

Example: I use the item on a "dog" to produce a puppy with out the need of a mate.
This is definitely doable, I will add it to my to-do list for item functions. Thanks for bringing it up...

Item A on pet makes Item B: Using a item on a pet to produce a spellable item.

Examples: Use Item "shears" on Pet "sheep" to produce spellable wool.

using item on item: Using a item to turn a item to some thing different.
Umm this is like an alchemy system I had in mind before, which generates a different item if two or multiple items are mixed together. I am most likely going to release it as a Mod for Mys v1.3.x in future, check it out by then.

This is not really a suggestion for an item, but what if some items could only be bought by a certain usergroup?

That would be really useful. :p

What about the "Item A on pet makes Item B" idea?

I mean using a item on pet to get a item. Like using the item shears to get a spellable item like wool from a sheep adoptable once a day or week.

prop.generic.shears.leather.png
+
sheep-1.png
=
Gobball_Wool.png

Accessory items?
So a user could purchase the item(s), then go to a pet's page and there's a link that says "Add Items to Pet" and the user can see all of the items that they own, and simply drag those items over to the pet, then save it that way?

...Huh, just realized my idea is pretty much just how the item feature on chickensmoothie.com works...so much for my attempt at an idea XD

I like these and cannot wait to install this into my site!! Prepared and ready for it Hall!

I know this thread is a bit old, but I've got a question - with the item shop, will we be allowed to "drop" items on our sites - so our members can find them on certain pages and pick them up? Or can we only give items through the store?

umm users can drop items by clicking the 'Toss' button at inventory.php page. I have not coded a script to enable users to pick up dropped items, it should not be difficult to accomplish though since the idea should work out in a similar way as Pound script.

For now the only way to obtain items is through itemshop, but this will change in future. When a battle system is available in Mys v1.5.x, admins should be able to assign items dropped by enemies. I coded a quiz system for my Pokemansion site, in which users receive fishing rod by completing fishing quizzes.

So yeah, you can do whatever you want to extend the item/itemshop system with PHP programming.

Alright, I was just wondering. I'm not that good at coding, so I wasn't sure if it was going to be added or not... I made my own explore system, so I just want to be able to have a small code that when people visit a certain page, an item is added to their inventory.

I see, this should not be difficult at all. You simply have to modify the database sql table that stores items for users whenever someone is supposed to receive or lose an item by accessing the explore page. I will show you an example someday after the itemshop is released together with Mys v1.3.0.

No worries, you just need to play with basic control loops in PHP in order to accomplish this. Knowledge of If...else, Switch...case, while and for loops should be sufficient, assuming you are comfortable with PHP variables and HTML forms.