stuck

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages
Trainer.. if you explain what you have done.. what you are working on & what problems/errors you are having someone might be able to answer this question.

Sea

I'm not exactly sure what I've done I've been following the steps in the tutorial on how to make an adoptables site and don't know what to do on step 12

Basically you use a zip program on your computer and zip up the adoptables folder. Then take that zip file and upload it where step 12 says to upload it.

You can alternately upload the files via FTP to your server if you know how to do that.

is this good or bad:

Warning: ftp_mkdir() [function.ftp-mkdir]: 460 Kbytes used (0%) - authorized: 1536000 Kb in /home/manager/public_html/includes/filesystem.inc.php on line 985

Warning: ftp_mkdir() [function.ftp-mkdir]: 460 Kbytes used (0%) - authorized: 1536000 Kb in /home/manager/public_html/includes/filesystem.inc.php on line 985

I would guess that is a bad thing. Check with your host as to why you are getting those errors when uploading the file.

trainerluke said:
say what!?!?!?!

Yeah, your domain name tries to redirect me somewhere else. My ad blocking software flags it and blocks it too.

Step 15
--------
This is where alot of people screw up. Your CPanel should still be open in another window or tab. If not, open it again, in a seperate window or tab. Now click "MySQL" again. This contains all your info. This is what your config.php window should look like. I will tell you what to put in each one.

$dbhost = ''; //DB Hostname
$dbuser = ''; //DB User
$dbpass = ''; //DB Password
$dbname = ''; //Your database name
$dname = ''; //Your domain name (No http, www or . )
$spath = ''; //The folder you installed this script in, if subfolder use a slash, if root domain empty
$auser = ''; //Admin Username for Host Admin CP
$apass = ''; //Password for Host Admin CP

dbhost: In the MySQL page, it should say something like "Important: MySQL Host for any database in this account is mysql*random number here*.000webhost.com , do not use localhost!". Grab that address and paste it here.

dbuser: Remember that really random number from Step 4 that was like "a2746876_*something*" or some other random one? Get the full thing and paste it here. This can be found on the MySQL page.

dbpass: Grab the password you entered for the MySQL Database and put it here.

dbname: The name of your MySQL Database. It should have that random number from Step 4 and the underscore again. This can be found on the MySQL page. It was something like "a2746876_pet" or w/e you set it as.

dname: Your website name but without http or www.

spath: If you followed the tut right then you can leave this blank.

auser: The username you want for your Adoptables Admin CP.

apass: The password you want for your Adoptables Admin CP.

was I supposed to paste over where it says DB Hostname,DB User,DB Password, your database name, your domain name, Admin Username for Host Admin CP, and Password for Host Admin CP

You put your details in between the '', so for:

$dbhost = ''; //DB Hostname

Should be:

$dbhost = 'yourdatabasehost'; //DB Hostname

Ok, you shouldn't have to edit anything in the adm folder. In the inc folder you'll need to edit config.php if you haven't done so already.

Step 23? Step 23 just says go to your site and log in to the admin panel. You can find it at yoursite.com/adm. :)

I tried all I get is this:
fnfdjng.jpg

Your domain name redirects me to another site. It looks like the domain name either isn't configured correctly or has expired!