Strict Standards --- Need help, pre launch!

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

Milly Money

Pet-Sim.Online
Staff member
Dev Staff
Mysidian Dollar
Hey guys!

Okay Canidae is about to launch and I need ONE thing! :) to get this dreadful thing gone:

Strict Standards: Declaration of AdminSidebar

And all the Strict Standards stuff to stop showing. It's way more than just this one message. I just don't want this showing for members at ALL.

I saw a thread about this and still don't have a way to stop it that's working for me. The site's fine except for this jazz popping up in too many places to even name. As I understand it's a simple thing to turn this off .. I even tried adding something to the .htaccess file but that just made the whole site not work.

Help! :)

Well you can just manually edit the AdminSidebar class method setDivision() to match its parent class'. So instead of setDivision($components), change it to setDivision(GUIComponent $component). This should do the trick for you.

I managed to fix all my strict standard errors except for this one, so if you list some of the others off on the front end I can help -- but I never managed to fix the adminCP one on my site at webfreehosting. Out of curiosity, what's your host?

Seemed to fix it most places --- now getting this Strict Standards error for the Breeding page:

: Declaration of DropdownList::add() should be compatible with GUIContainer::add(GUIComponent $component, $index = -1) in /home/petsim/public_html/Canidae/classes/class_dropdownlist.php

Oh hey thanks! I'm on SkyeNetHosting.

And now I get this too in ACP:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '$component' (T_VARIABLE) in /home/petsim/public_html/Canidae/classes/class_adminsidebar.php on line 37

Last edited:
Alright, well what did you change in the adminsidebar class to get it to work? I changed $components to $component in the parameters, then where it was used, and then everywhere on the page and none of it worked. The error changed to -

Code:
 Catchable fatal error: Argument 1 passed to AdminSidebar::setDivision() must be an instance of GUIComponent, instance of Resource\Collection\ArrayList given, called in /srv/disk3/1793798/www/novul/classes/class_adminsidebar.php on line 187 and defined in /srv/disk3/1793798/www/novul/classes/class_adminsidebar.php on line 36

As for your error, in classes/class_dropdownlist.php, around line 105 (by the way, it'll help if you give the full error with line numbers, if possible, so I don't have to compare entire files), change this:
PHP:
	public function add($option, $index = -1){
	    if(!($option instanceof Option) and !($option instanceof OptGroup)) throw new GUIException("Cannot add a non-option type component to dropdown list.");
	    parent::add($option, $index);			
	}
into this:
PHP:
	public function add(GUIComponent $option, $index = -1){
	    if(!($option instanceof Option) and !($option instanceof OptGroup)) throw new GUIException("Cannot add a non-option type component to dropdown list.");
	}

I made the change HOF advised up above, and it seemed to work well --- okay thanks I'll try this now! :)

></ Darn, could you give me a copy of your adminsidebar class file then, the whole thing? I want to see what I'm doing wrong.

Oh, also, on your site, go in and try to change profile settings/anywhere with a radio button. I think you'll get an error there, too?

I attached the file here!

Sorry it was on line 189.

I tried the fix and it gave this:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare DropdownList::add() in /home/petsim/public_html/Canidae/classes/class_dropdownlist.php on line 112

Ugh now the ACP doesnt work at all .. what is this horrible Strict Standards thing, can't it just be turned off?

Attachments

• class_adminsidebar.php
    9 KB · Views: 1
Yes, it can be, if you have access to your php.ini file. Most hosts don't allow that, they control the entire server's php.ini file. I think you can also put error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_STRICT & ~E_NOTICE); at the top of each page the error reports, but I haven't fully tried it yet -- because doing that on the adminCP gave me an error, too. Maybe if I'd done that to begin with everywhere, things would be fine, so I might go and try that. =|

(And err, your file just gave me:

Code:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '$component' (T_VARIABLE) in /srv/disk3/1793798/www/novul/classes/class_adminsidebar.php on line 37
)

Last edited:
Yep, that was with the addition that HOF had suggested I am guessing .. the site itself will come up, ACP wont .... the change had gotten rid of most of the SS errors, but breeding still had it come up ---and then I checked ACP and -- no go !

http://pet-sim.com/Canidae/

if you want to see what's happening there ? Thanks for trying to help guys!

Well, another one to fix would be around line 43 in classes/class_radiolist.php, changing this:
PHP:
	public function add(RadioButton $radio, $index = -1){
        if($radio->getName() != $this->name) throw new GUIException("Cannot add unrelated radiobuttons to a RadioList.");
	    parent::add($radio, $index);			
	}
to:
PHP:
public function add(GUIComponent $radio, $index = -1){
        if($radio->getName() != $this->name) throw new GUIException("Cannot add unrelated radiobuttons to a RadioList.");
	    parent::add($radio, $index);			
	}

And that would fix stuff in the profile settings.

But I digress - I could fix all the errors on the front end, but never the AdminCP one. Not without getting a new error to take its place. And I really feel this comes down on the hosting provider, because I couldn't get inline modifications of the error_reporting to work either. Not in the file, not in the htaccess, and I don't have control over my php.ini. *sigh*

well rats .. so to get rid of all the SS errors showing, we sacrifice our ACP? :(

I cant get into mine at all now ...

Yes, and I never could -- but! We got a different error after making changes there, so many HOF can still help!

I made this change in the AdminCP -
PHP:
    protected function setDivision(GUIComponent $component){
		$this->division = new Division($component);
		$this->division->setClass("sidebar");
    }

and now have:
Code:
Catchable fatal error: Argument 1 passed to AdminSidebar::setDivision() must be an instance of GUIComponent, instance of Resource\Collection\ArrayList given, called in /srv/disk3/1793798/www/novul/classes/class_adminsidebar.php on line 187 and defined in /srv/disk3/1793798/www/novul/classes/class_adminsidebar.php on line 36

So if we can just get that figured out, we should be good, right?

I think we desperately need help! :)

I really cant launch and have members see all those errors pop up, and I need access to the ACP, that's too important ..

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '$component' (T_VARIABLE) in /home/petsim/public_html/Canidae/classes/class_adminsidebar.php on line 37

This is my current error, for trying to access ACP .. I'm using the fix from HOF for the coding.

Also, getting this for Breeding:

Strict Standards : Declaration of DropdownList::add() should be compatible with GUIContainer::add(GUIComponent $component /home/petsim/public_html/Canidae/classes/class_dropdownlist.php</b> $index = -1) in on line 189

Try what I did, not what you did (in the AdminCP).
This:
Code:
Not:
Code:
$this->division = new Division(GUIComponent $component);

It doesn't need to be declared there. Above that it does, but not in the function itself.

And here is my entire class_dropdownlist.php:
  Spoiler: class_dropdownlist.php 
PHP:
<?php
use Resource\Native\String;
use Resource\Collection\Collective;
use Resource\Collection\LinkedList;
use Resource\Collection\LinkedHashMap;

/**
 * The DropdownList Class, extends from abstract GUIContainer class.
 * It specifies a standard single-item dropdown list.
 * @category Resource
 * @package GUI
 * @author Hall of Famer 
 * @copyright Mysidia Adoptables Script
 * @link http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com
 * @since 1.3.3
 * @todo Not much at this point.
 */

class DropdownList extends GUIContainer{

/**
	 * The autofocus property, checks if the input component is autofocused.
	 * @access protected
	 * @var Boolean
    */
	protected $autofocus = FALSE;

/**
	 * The disabled property, checks if the input component is disabled.
	 * @access protected
	 * @var Boolean
    */
	protected $disabled = FALSE;

/**
     * Constructor of SelectList Class, which assigns basic property to this list
	 * @param String  $name
	 * @param ArrayList  $components
	 * @param String  $identity
	 * @param Event  $event
     * @access public
     * @return Void
     */
	public function __construct($name = "", $components = "", $identity = "", $event = ""){
	    if(!empty($name)){
		    $this->setName($name);
			$this->setID($name);
		}
		if(!empty($identity)) $this->select($identity);
		if(!empty($event)) $this->setEvent($event);

parent::__construct($components);
        $this->renderer = new ListRenderer($this);		
	}

/**
     * The isAutofocus method, getter method for property $autofocus.    
     * @access public
     * @return Boolean
     */
	public function isAutofocus(){
	    return $this->autofocus;    
	}

/**
     * The setAutofocus method, setter method for property $autofocus.
	 * @param Boolean  $autofocus      
     * @access public
     * @return Void
     */
	public function setAutofocus($autofocus = TRUE){
	    $this->autofocus = $autofocus;
		$this->setAttributes("Autofocus");
	}	

/**
     * The isDisabled method, getter method for property $disabled.    
     * @access public
     * @return Boolean
     */
	public function isDisabled(){
	    return $this->disabled; 
	}

/**
     * The setDisabled method, setter method for property $disabled.
	 * @param Boolean  $disabled       
     * @access public
     * @return Void
     */
	public function setDisabled($disabled = TRUE){
	    $this->disabled = $disabled;
		$this->setAttributes("Disabled");
	}

/**
     * The add method, sets an Option Object to a specific index.
	 * @param Option|OptGroup  $option
     * @param int  $index	 
     * @access public
     * @return Void
     */	
	public function add(GUIComponent $option, $index = -1){
	}

/**
     * The select method, determines which option in this list should be set selected.
     * @access public
     * @return Void
     */
	public function select($identity){
	    foreach($this->components as $components){
		    if($components->getValue() == $identity) $components->setSelected(TRUE);
		}		
	}

/**
     * The fill method, fill in this dropdownlist with options from database starting at a given index.
	 * To use it, you need PDO or MySQLi to fetch all rows with one or two properties to serve as collection list or map.
	 * @param Collective $collection
     * @param Int  $index	 
     * @access public
     * @return Void
     */
	public function fill(Collective $collection, $identity = "", $index = -1){
		if($index != -1) $this->currentIndex = $index;		
		if($collection instanceof LinkedList) $this->fillList($collection, $identity, $index);
        elseif($collection instanceof LinkedHashMap) $this->fillMap($collection, $identity, $index);
        else throw new GUIException("Cannot fill option objects inside this dropdownlist");
	}

/**
     * The fillList method, fill in this dropdownlist with elements from a LinkedList.
	 * @param LinkedList  $list
     * @param Int  $index	 
     * @access protected
     * @return Void
     */
    protected function fillList(LinkedList $list, $identity = "", $index = -1){
        $iterator = $list->iterator();
        while($iterator->hasNext()){
            $field = (string)$iterator->next();
 		    $option = new Option($field, $field);
			if($option->getValue() == $identity) $option->setSelected(TRUE);
		    $this->add($option, $index);
			if($index != -1) $index++;           
        }        
    }

/**
     * The fillList method, fill in this dropdownlist with entries from a LinkedHashMap.
	 * @param LinkedHashMap  $map
     * @param Int  $index	 
     * @access protected
     * @return Void
     */
    protected function fillMap(LinkedHashMap $map, $identity = "", $index = -1){
        $iterator = $map->iterator();
        while($iterator->hasNext()){
            $field = $iterator->next();
 		    $option = new Option((string)$field->getKey(), (string)$field->getValue()); 
			if($option->getValue() == $identity) $option->setSelected(TRUE);
		    $this->add($option, $index);
			if($index != -1) $index++;           
        }        
    }

/**
     * Magic method __toString for DropdownList class, it reveals that the object is a dropdown list.
     * @access public
     * @return String
     */
    public function __toString(){
	    return new String("This is an instance of Mysidia DropDownList class.");
	}    
}    
?>

Let me know how that goes.

Okay I now have this:

protected function setDivision(GUIComponent $component){
$this->division->setClass("sidebar");
}

and I get this in ACP:

Catchable fatal error: Argument 1 passed to AdminSidebar::setDivision() must be an instance of GUIComponent, instance of Resource\Collection\ArrayList given, called in /home/petsim/public_html/Canidae/classes/class_adminsidebar.php on line 195 and defined in /home/petsim/public_html/Canidae/classes/class_adminsidebar.php on line 36

Yup, this is what I have, too. From what I can tell it's not sure what to do with the ArrayList and the addClass function at the bottom of that file - I already pinged HoF over aim, so hopefully he'll return to the thread tonight. ovo