~Sky. is. here.~

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

SkyWing

Mysidian Dollar
Hello. I'm SkyWing, but you can call me Sky.
I just joined yesterday and am looking forward to some developing!​
First, I have a few questions though x3

~What are the credits for?
~What different sorts of hosts does the MAS script work on?

Thanks, everyone ^-^

Welcome to Mysidia Adoptables Skywing, its so nice to have another user here to share experience with. Lettuce know if you need any help with. ^^

Welcome to Mysidia

Butter Lettuce Party!

tumblr_meztymhvGG1rd0rbzo1_500.gif

Excellent ^-^
I have just a few questions...

~Is it possible to have automatic Ranks?
Like, a user will slower gain a higher rank over time?
~Is it possible that when you breed an animal, there could be different outcomes?
Like, you breed two of the same animals and the offspring has different markings, and then when bred again the offspring has different markings?

Thank you!

umm you mean time-based automatic ranks? I believe its doable, but for now it is not easy to implement into the script since it will need cronjob. In fact, most time-based features will likely to involve cronjob, which is unlikely to be available until Mys v1.4.x or v1.5.0. The current version v1.3.x is mostly revising/overhauling old features, brand new features such as stats system, clan system and else will have to wait till Mys v1.4.0.

Perfect.

Also, do you recommend any hosts? I tried x10 hosting and 99webs but they are not working out for me.
By the way, I find your tutorial on youtube very helpful!

Okay. My new website is being set up. How do I get the files onto it?

Is there a tutorial?

Last edited:
What do you mean by how to get the files onto it? You just need ftp, plain and simple. Make two changes in two script files, and the site should work.

My bad. x3
I purchased iPower, an amazing site host. It has everything I need, including FTP.
Thank you so much!

This is so good to know, you found a webhost capable of running this script. Actually most webhosts should, its just that some freehosts can be tricky to set up. For paid hosts, you are mostly good.

I agree. I have always wanted to use Mysidia-Now I finally have received my chance!

Quick questions:

So, jumping to the new Breeding System...
First, do I need to re-download the script to have the new update?
Second, is it possible to have more than two parents? Because then, you actually COULD discover new breeds by breeding. You could add the name of the new breed by the real parents. Then you could give it a high-ish percentage, and it would be possible to have it.

Last edited:
First, do I need to re-download the script to have the new update?
Second, is it possible to have more than two parents? Because then, you actually COULD discover new breeds by breeding. You could add the name of the new breed by the real parents. Then you could give it a high-ish percentage, and it would be possible to have it.

1. You do have to re-download to upgrade it, what version do you have?
if you have v1.3.1, then download the updated one, transfer the files, then run
yoursite.com/install/upgrade.php and follow the steps. If not, update to v1.3.1 then to v1.3.2

2. I'm sure it is possible to have more than two parents, I was actually thinking about this earlier for my site but I haven't gotten around to messing more with the breeding system then my first attempt a few months ago. (trying to make it so same sex breeding). The multiple parents breeding, to me, would probably be similar to the fusing system in the Persona games, where you take 3, 4, or 5 demons and combine them to make a new one, but that is a set formula, were you wanting something like that? Or did you mean:
cat + lion + panther: 20% chance of tiger, 5% chance of chimera?

First of all, Mys v1.3.3 is not yet available, it should be released within a week or two. On the other hand, each version comes with an upgrader, which can be used between minor releases so long as you have not heavily modified your script files. Between major releases though(like Mys v1.1.x to v1.2.x and v1.2.x to v1.3.x), you will need a mega-upgrader, for now its not available so Mys v1.2.x users are stuck with the old versions for now. The good thing is that, well as far as I know, there aint many people still running Mys v1.2.x, which is old and has too much spaghetti code to maintain.

I haven't even gotten the script up and running on my website yet. x3
I always seem to run into problems.​