Site appearing blank?

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages
My host is the same as Pear uses. x10hosting. My site appears purely blank but pages let me go to the url so the pages themselves exist. Just no content shows.

I don't know where to find the error_log file.

I don't see any root path nor public_html.
Not sure if it's the way the FTP client views the files or not though.

Added a screenshot.

Attachments

• root path.jpg
    root path.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 10
It worked! Almost wish it hadn't. My site is incredibly ugly! Dx

*Edit*
Ok maybe it didn't work. I see stuff but all it ever shows on every page is:
this is the index page
This is a sample article. All of this text you can change in the script admin control panel.

The Admin CP just says:
An error has occurred.
You do not have permission to access Admin Control Panel.

Last edited:
It worked! Almost wish it hadn't. My site is incredibly ugly! Dx

*Edit*
Ok maybe it didn't work. I see stuff but all it ever shows on every page is:
this is the index page
This is a sample article. All of this text you can change in the script admin control panel.

The Admin CP just says:
An error has occurred.
You do not have permission to access Admin Control Panel.

Your links are appearing like this: http://chibifurs.elementfx.com//account
You might have added an extra / in your scriptpath during installation I believe. You can change this by reinstalling or editing your config.php inside inc folder

You will have permission to the admincp once you are logged in with an admin account

Perfect! Changed that and everything seems to work fine now. Thank you both so much! <3

Now to figure out how to add new themes without it causing the blank pages again. xD

Somewhere on the site will be credits for addons, help given etc when I've got everything tested and running.

Perfect! Changed that and everything seems to work fine now. Thank you both so much! <3

Now to figure out how to add new themes without it causing the blank pages again. xD

Yay! Glad it all worked out!
I think some themes from the Templates and Themes subforum have tutorials on how to add them, you can post here if some error appears during this xD

Well I added a spire and bookstore theme to the folder (in their own respective ones of course) and now the pages went blank again. I did look for a tutorial on how to add them but couldn't see anything.

Well I added a spire and bookstore theme to the folder (in their own respective ones of course) and now the pages went blank again. I did look for a tutorial on how to add them but couldn't see anything.

After changing it to the default theme it goes blank? You could try following the "Admin side" and "default mysidia template" parts from Kyttias tutorial, she seems to explain it well and it might fit into what you are looking for http://mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4371

Well I changed my theme on the site to Spire but it still doesn't show anything. Blank. Can't even get in to reset the theme. ACP still works of course.

^ So in the template folder for Spire, are there any files at all? If not, you might want to try dropping them in again. Installing it incorrectly on the backend really can erase everything in the folder, so I'd double check.

Nope. Everything is in there. Checked through it all and everything seems ok. Its just everything seems blank. I can't even log out of the site to make a new user to test.

/changestyle/index/main or /changestyle/index/elements to revert it

Did you put the folder as 'bookstore' or 'spire' when in the admincp? (the folder might be named 'spire' instead of 'Spire') Did you extract the .zip (just checking in case, sometimes people forget)?

Last edited:
Sorted it. Apparently using a capital S or not on the theme or whatever the first letter of its name is make ALL the difference. Thanks everyone. :D

Sorted it. Apparently using a capital S or not on the theme or whatever the first letter of its name is make ALL the difference. Thanks everyone. :D

Yeah, you gotta write it exactly like the folder is named, including capitals xD
Glad it all worked out!