Random Can't Connect Error?

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

AlexC

Mysidian Dollar
I finally upgraded my site to the newer version, but now I'm getting this weird error every once in a while. It's appear about three times - if I refresh once or twice, it goes away. It's not too annoying really, but I'd hate for members to find it.

It is just a blank page with the following message:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (11) in /home/gloometh/public_html/inc/functions.php on line 151
Error connecting to MySQL

Not sure what's wrong? I can wait for the next release if someone doesn't know how to fix it right away - my site isn't due to be released in ages, I just wanted people to know.

This appears to be a server-side error. Please contact your host provider and see if they can fix things up for your site/server.

Alright.

I have another issue though - I can't add levels. When I try to add a level to an adopt, it lets me fill out the information, but when I submit, I just see a blank page (as in, a blank normal page with the theme) and then the tab or window says "an error has occurred".

Well do you use any existing Mods on your site prior to upgrading? If you have a modified/altered table such as users, adoptables, owned_adoptables, then you should not upgrade with the upgrader I provided. This is only for users who have never edited the script files/database structures of their sites.

alright, I think that's the problem, I had one script that was causing problems before... *sigh* I guess I'll probably just reinstall the site, it'll be easier.

Well show me the database structure of your tables: adoptables, owned_adoptables and levels, I can look into the codes for you to see if there is an easy fix to your site.

sorry, I already reinstalled it. I didn't actually have anything on it yet really - it's all been lost over database errors and so on, so all the images are just reuploaded anyway.