Notification when someone comments on your profile?

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

Ittermat

The awesomesauce
Mysidian Dollar
^ Title XD

Is there a way to do this? I didnt even know I was getting comments on my profile cuz nothing told me so... is there a way to set up a notification system for it?

Hmmm.... in classes/class_visitormessage.php, after line 91, add the following (note that this is sort of untested, let me know if there are problems!):
PHP:
	$mysidia->db->insert("messages", array("id" => NULL, "fromuser" => "SYSTEM", "touser" => $this->touser, "status" => "unread", "datesent" => $date->format("M d, Y")." at ".$date->format("h:i A"), "messagetitle" => "New Profile Message!", "messagetext" => "{$this->fromuser} wrote the following on your profile: <br><blockquote class='well'>\"{$mysidia->input->post("vmtext")}\"</blockquote><br> You can <a href='../../profile/view/{$this->touser}'>visit your profile</a> to reply to this message."));

This will send the user a PM whenever they receive a profile message. But if you want "notification system" like behavior, you'll need to look over this thread. In short, Mysidia's template system is built on top of Smarty. You can display how many unread messages a user has as part of the template. You could also do this anywhere else by making a variable that will simply hold the number of unread messages and then displaying it:

PHP:
$messages = $mysidia->db->select("messages", array(), "touser='{$mysidia->user->username}' and status='unread'")->rowCount();

Sorry if that's a bit advanced but I hope it helps. :happyc: