Mysgardia 2.0

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

tahbikat

Mysidian Dollar
faceless_by_tahbikat-d9fg4a8.png

Mysgardia is officially open, and we have a number of additional features that members can utilize and have fun with on-site.

ZhlYHiO.png
puc2dt5.png
ULxtDwW.png
puc2dt5.png
ULxtDwW.png
puc2dt5.png
ULxtDwW.png
puc2dt5.png
ULxtDwW.png
puc2dt5.png
ZhlYHiO.png

• Monthly Quests
  • Holiday/Special Events
  • Daily Exploration & Fishing
  • Pet Rarities
  • Pet Personalities and Magic Skills
  • Custom Kitsura Pets
  • Unique items for creatures
  • Creature Profiles & Stats

Mysgardia plans to have many more features introduced to help improve upon the site. High on the priority list are Creature Sorting, Lineage System, Alchemy, and Player Achievements.

WIHqMgh.png

We have a number of creatures currently released on site, and will release one or two additional creatures each month, along with new variants of some creatures occasionally as well.

I'd like to thank Mysidia and its community for making my site a reality. <3

Last edited:
Updates

11/13/2015 - - - Beta site is on its way! I need more beta testers, so if you'd like to be a tester, feel free to PM me! Beta testers get two albino variant changing items that they can use to change two creatures into super rare albinos. I've also created new egg sprites and an animated egg base.

11/13/2015 - - - Slowly but surely coming together. I have only 2 more creatures I'd like to make, as well as a few more items to sprite and then I'll be able to open a beta site in order to test out features again and see if I'm missing anything. If anyone is interested in helping me with my project in any way, PM me! :)

Items
Outline all items - - - fin.
Create Albino Variant item (pos. 2) - - -
Create item to summon pet - - -
Create click-leveling items - - - fin.
iBemqaH.png

Create click-resetting items - - -

Creatures
Edit Shadow Fox sprites - - - fin.
Recreate egg base - - - fin.
VO0iImA.gif

species_eggs_collection_by_tahbikat-d9h0gkr.png

New creature names? fin.
Create Faceless - - - fin.

Create 5 new species - - - 3/5 fin
minkoons_by_tahbikat-d9fgzix.png

luxsol_by_tahbikat-d9fh12b.png

UDaTXIH.png

Create baby sprites - - - 2/5 fin

Misc

Repurchase domain name - - - fin.
Purchase hosting - - - fin.
Edit layout - - - fin.

Last edited:
I adore your pixeling as well, the style is appealing to me. :eye:

What kind of items will there be and what will they be used for? (feel free not to answer or an unofficial answer will do) :meow:

d4MCngQ.png

So far I have these food items. I was thinking of redoing the carrot and fish to make them bigger. I also need one more herbivore item. These simply add clicks to the desired pet, going from the least amount to the greatest amount.

I may end up completely redoing these to just include 3 items that can be fed to both herbivores & carnivores since it'd be easier each time a new creature is added. Maybe little pill bottles or something idk lol. I'm not creative. ;-;

Berry & Meat Cube - 5 clicks
Carrot & Fish - 50 clicks
Salmon Steak & ??? - 100 clicks

travel_items_by_tahbikat-d7k94kb.png

I also have these which are supposed to allow access to certain pages where only certain adoptables with varying rarities can be found, but that's much more advanced and I'd need to find a volunteer coder or hire a coder when I ever get the funds. I'm happy with all except that ugly Myth ticket haha. Will be redone.

Then I plan on having some various potions and items that can change an adoptable to the albino variant, which is super rare to get. Down the line I may introduce new variants like corrupted, skeletal, etc but I'm not sure. There will be other enchanted items that act like eggs, except when you purchase them it'll "summon" (hatch) a creature.

I'm sure there are some other types of items I haven't thought of because I've forgotten what all the script is capable of at its current state lol. Maybe some gender-changing items? Click-resetting items. Items that can freeze hatchlings and stuffs. Breeding items. Yeah I should update my list haha.

I'm hyped for this!
Shoot me a link whenever you need a tester or opening it to the public officially! :happycbig:

I really do love the pixels! I don't tend to see a lot of pet sites geared towards pixel art, so it's refreshing.

Okays, made some new sprites to match my new style, and these items also can be used for both carnivores and herbivores. The click values that these items give may be changed.

iBemqaH.png

Geyser Water - This refreshing, purified water comes from only the best source - geysers on the Ash Islands! Give this mineral rich water to your companion to raise its clicks by 5.

Blubee Honey - This honey was carefully crafted and selected from Relic Town's Blubee hives. Upon consuming this deliciously sweet treat, your companion's clicks will be raised by 100!

Windigo Milk - This milk comes from one of the most dangerous and elusive creatures in the world. After consuming this nutritious elixir, your companion's clicks will be raised by 500!

They're so adorable! I love the shading and the shadow you included, it gives it some depth to it that some pixel art don't have.

You are very welcome, the art really is awesome. Perhaps you can make a few default pets/items for Mysidia so we wont have to use pokemon in the demo/test site any longer. XD Dont worry, I joked. Nice new work btw.

Haha thanks guys! New creature sprites have been made, and a little info for them.

UDaTXIH.png

Lunoths are timid little creatures that only venture out of their nests at night to feed on blooming moon flowers. They are native to Crescent Island, where their food source grows naturally in large quantities.

Captive Lunoth's happily feed on honey and other sweet treats given to them by their owners. During the day, they will often sleep for hours at a time, cuddled onto their master's shoulder or head. Once the moon rises, they will become much more energetic and begin to fly around in search of flowers and others of their species. If a window or door is left open, they will always fly out, but most Lunoth's who are happy under their master's care will come back at dawn.

This creature is very sociable, and thrives with at least two or three others of its kind. A lone Lunoth will, after a short period of time, become depressed and unhappy if they are unable to socialize.

- - - - -

Added new variants!
Blue is common, green is uncommon, black is rare, and albino is extremely rare.
For perspective of rarity, if a flock of 100 Lunoths was in an area, you may see 87 blues, 12 greens, 1 black, and no albinos.

Last edited:
Hey guys!

So, I'm having trouble thinking of an item for changing creatures into albinos. Ideally I would like 2 items. One would be weak and have like a 1 in 500 or something crazy like that chance. It would be extremely cheap. The stronger item would be very very expensive and have only a small fail rate. Pretty much guaranteed to change your creature into an albino. Orrr maybe it would just have like a better rate of getting an albino, but not guaranteed. Lol still deciding. Any ideas?

And speaking of albinos, how rare do you think they should be? I'd like it to be pretty hard to get them, but not too hard because I don't want to discourage people. I still want them to have that "omg I have an albino hatchling!" feeling, not "oh cool, another albino" if you see what I mean? Haha

Last edited:
That sounds good, if you like you can make it harder by making it so that it can only be obtained during a certain time of the year or during only a contest/event. Maybe the drop rate is typically low throughout the year except on several specific days of the year. Regardless, either way you go about it I think it'll still be cool to get an albino if it's very hard to get. :happyc:

I think it should be very rare and very hard to come by, but possible to get if given the effort. :happycbig:

So, sorta like pokemon with egg hatching, right? Anyone pretty much flips out when they get a shiny. I forget all the numbers but its like a 1/8000 chance or something? And then of course there's different things to increase your odds.

@Bexa, yea, I was thinking of giving them out during events and as contest prizes too. Still trying to think of a drop rate for them. Something like a 1 in 350 chance maybe? Not sure. I want people to get them, just not too often.

@Nieth yep! Similar to pokemon, but 1 in 8,000 is waaaay too much lol. It took me years of playing pokemon just to randomly find my first shiny haha. I don't expect people to do the same with my site.

So I think maybe a 1 in 450 or 500 chance isn't all that bad, and then of course there will be purchasable items to make your chances of changing your creature into an albino higher. 1 in 500 seems reasonable. If anything, I can adjust the odds if it seems like there are too little or too many albinos being born.

To be honest, the matsuo method for pokemon eggs seems like a reasonable chance and that happens once in every like 689 or something?

I think anywhere between 1/500-800 is reasonable, considering you don't want people to be lucky enough to get them right off the bat and it sort of compensates for a tiny bit larger of a community. Especially if you're going to be adding items that drastically increase your chance in getting one you can't e too careful. Regardless of how much the item is or how hard it may be to obtain you have to be ready for a possible influx or drastic change in economy. Its been the downfall of a lot of great sites. ;-;

Yea, that's why I'm trying to find a good balance. :/ On one hand, if I make it easier for albinos to be "born", then the albino-changing item should be much more expensive. However, if "born" albinos are very hard to get, then the item should probably be a little less expensive I think? I dunno lol. I'll figure it out during the testing stage. >.<