MyBB Themes

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

solskenn

Mysidian Dollar
Note to mods:
I wasn't sure where this should be posted, but I thought this area was probably right. If this isn't the right area, then I'm sorry would a mod or whoever please move it to the proper area?

Okay, I found a theme that I like and want to install it on my forum. I'm not sure how to install the full thing to where it would work properly, I tried a couple of methods and failed both times. Anyone have any experience with this and can guide me through the process? I'd really appreciate it ^,^ Thanking you in advanced ^,^

You upload the images to the image directory, and then in the admin section of MyBB you upload the .xml file for the theme. ;3 It's easy once you unzip them.

Thank you so much ^,^ It worked. I never thought about uploading the files separately like that since the stuff for the site isn't usually done that way.

Another quick question, you know in the header where it says "MyBB" (or whatever image is there, for my forum it says "Royal Green"). Where would I go to edit that spot? Like change the image and change the link so that it links back to the petsite.. my forum appears almost like an external site, and this will be useful until I figure out how to program it or set it up so that it sits within the site like most petsite forums.

You'd have to replace the old logo with a new one. ;3

But where would I go to find that? I looked through the theme thing and didn't see anything that stood out to me, I guess I could try deleting the current logo from the theme images.. then uploading a new logo with the same name as the old and in the same place so that it would link to it, but how would I change it so that clicking on the logo takes them back to the pet site instead of the forum index?

That's the only way to replace the logo, is overwrite it. To change the links you'd have to open the template system page, and the template you're using.

It would be listed in the Header section. ;3