I wanna make a 3D pet sim, like foopets. Is this the right framework for me to get started with?

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

Enigmas

Mysidian Dollar
Title sums it up really lol.

Im making an site like foopets, a 3D style pet sim game.

My hopes are to eventually get it ported to mobile devices (though I plan on funding that much later on when its up and running).

I want the site to have a 3D play box for the pets rather than still images.

Im also planning on having players sorted into clubs automatically, and having club leaderboards rather than world wide game leader boards.

I have actually started the coding for the home page, and general more front end code.
But I cant for the life of me get my head around shops and player currency, along with profiles. So I was considering a framework to fill in the gaps.

Does it seem like this would work for me?

To be honest, it sounds like what you're looking for might be beyond the scope of what mysidia provides. The framework will give you the bones of a pet-raising game with currency/profiles/shops/etc, but if you want anything extra you'd have to code it yourself. So it entirely depends on your own coding knowledge.

There's no 3D display features by default, it would certainly be possible to make an html5 game that displays a pet as a 3D graphic with buttons to play with them, but nothing within mysidia's code would make that any easier to put together. You might be better off just checking out a game engine like Unity or Godot that are built for 3d games - this would make porting to mobile 100x easier, too

To be honest, it sounds like what you're looking for might be beyond the scope of what mysidia provides. The framework will give you the bones of a pet-raising game with currency/profiles/shops/etc, but if you want anything extra you'd have to code it yourself. So it entirely depends on your own coding knowledge.

There's no 3D display features by default, it would certainly be possible to make an html5 game that displays a pet as a 3D graphic with buttons to play with them, but nothing within mysidia's code would make that any easier to put together. You might be better off just checking out a game engine like Unity or Godot that are built for 3d games - this would make porting to mobile 100x easier, too
Im not sure if unity would have the player profiles, shops etc like browser games have.
I’d still need to make the coding for that, which im having trouble with. Even more so since I cant figureout the best code or frameworks to use.

As an example of what im going for, heres how foopets looked. It was more or less just a pet site with a 3d game built in, which should be easy enough for me to code. Its just the building around it

Well Mysidia adoptables is a software for building click-pet websites. It has nothing to do with making a console game on PC, Mobile etc, so it does not make sense to compare it to Unity3D. If you want a browser game though, it may be suitable for you.

I mean, it depends how you want your game to work. Mysidia is a browser game. So you could create a web browser game that is similar to Foo Pets by maybe making the pet a gif image instead of a 2D image like Mysidia has. This would bring a little more 3D style to the pet and life, instead of worrying about coding a 3D game in the web browser. Problem with a gif image is you have to code the interaction with the image in specific ways. Like, use buttons to interact with the pet, so for example, say you want to play with the pet, you can code the play button to change the pet's gif image to it being played with gif image if that button is hit, etc. Another issue is making gif images is tedious lol and this means you'd have to have like, at least have 3 different interaction gif images made for each pet on your site.