Help with shops.

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

rtergszaved

Aspiring
Mysidian Dollar
I had two questions regarding the shops. (Adopt/Item)

1. Is there any way to get the two different types of shops on their own page?
(We've grown tired of having to navigate to the adopt shops through a drop-down box and some members have complained about it as well.)

2. Is there any way to stop some of the information columns for the shop from displaying? We would like to hide the Category and Shop Type information columns.

I don't have answers, but I second both of these things, I don't like going to two certain pages, and I never do things like tax, so it gets a bit annoying how much it stretches...

Want me to add both ideas to the suggestion list? I imagine there is a fix, but it might be a good idea for future releases.

It would be nice, Cless and I have already submitted so many suggestions to the 1.4 script, I feel sorta bad for HoF. Works on a project like this for free, takes everything we throw at him and he still helps us with our problems.

Hear, hear. HoF's pretty awesome at this. I'm hoping once activity picks up, we'll all get a bit more help going around, make things easier on the community as a whole.

Quite, I've picked up a bit of knowledge from managing this site, but I'm still a beginner at it all. I like to think I've managed well enough. Learning how to read errors and what-not and what they mean. I'd like to support what HoF is doing, but I haven't been able to find a donate button. I'm sure that a dollar here, five dollars there would really help out in the long run. Especially for the more serious users.

1) It is possible, I divided mine into 3 sub-stores (so link is like (...)/shop/shop1 and (...)/shop/shop2 etc) but I don't really remember how much I changed, but I believe it's in the shop.php index function. You just have to take out the dropdown box and in this part:

$shoplist = new Shoplist($mysidia->input->post("shoptype"));
$shoplist->display();

Basically it takes the shoptype chosen and creates a Shoplist with it. What you have to do is manually create it (put "itemshop" or "adoptshop" as parameter). I have 3 public functions for each shop and all I do in each one is create the document (page), the shoplist with the parameter I want and then display.

2) Again, also possible. It's in the class_shoplist in the display function. Take out whichever fields you don't want from the header and the buildRow

edit: this in 1.3.3, not sure how much changed in the newest version

Last edited: