Eternia - needs staff

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages
To edit the dropdown menu for that theme, go to the theme's template folder->media->then on line12 of the dropdown menu css sheet there's this part that says something like "width; 248". You see that? Lower the number until you can fit all the link boxes on 1 line. :3

Here's a pixel for you:
Base: http://www.mediafire.com/download/9i01emdq3fi1f84/Eternia_Fox.psd
Pre-color:
EterniaFox_zpsf31b27da.png

It's not the best but, I hope you like it. :3

It dosent work, i tried changing it until it becomes zero, no effect.. i guess ill leave it

Nvm, It seems to be working fine now, i am now workin on basic colors

Oh by the way, I wouldn't point out that you need staff so often - helper increase would be kind of slow if you aren't planning on hiring for pay. :3

I think its impossible for me to pay real money, the biggest bad reason is, our countries currency is alot lesser than dollars. For example 5dollars is already like 250php and its already high for us.. That's
the main reason why i cant pay.. But if someone generously donate, this will solve this problem..

I think its impossible for me to continue this site, i was deeply thinking today and thought about this

*Firstly, i cant verify my paypal account. Why? I dont have a credit card. i dunno if theres a way to recieve and send money without a credit card :( Why do i need so? Because i need to buy a domain, need to pay for hosting, need to pay for artists.. thats the biggest problem i have.

*Secondly, i have lack of coding knowledge, art skills.. Its rare to find one that will offer these for free because most people ask for money.

*And last, im too young, I think i am expecting too much on myself, but no. i think i am too young (11, turning 12 soon)..

Sorry guys. I dunno what to do now, im really disappointed that i cant continue it, i really want to but i dont know if theres another way.. :/

But thank you very much Kyittas for trying to help me for the pixel base, you can keep it now. and Wallie, i know you did so much effort just to help me, forgive me.. I wanna thank you for helping me alot for this site.

I might need to wait alot more heck of years ( like 10 years) to continue this game, its my dream to make one.. I really hope i can find a free easy adoptable site creator (Myvirtualpetsite is awesome, but i dont want to wait 1 year more because they allow only 13 and above) thanks guys! Ill have this script in my mind always, dreaming that someday i would create a site :D

Oh no, no, please don't give up! I'm 12 and I've been using this script since I was 10 or 11 and have been working on starting an adoptables site since I was 9 or 10. Please, please, don't give up! I was so inspired by your persistence! And english doesn't seem to be your first language? It's so amazing that such a young person can already do what you did, but the most important thing is will. Do you have parents to help you pay? You're site could still be successful with a free domain! When it comes to drawing and coding, I can try to teach you even though I'm terrible myself. D:

Thank wallie, i think your post made me wonder to continue, thanks again wallie! About my parents, they dont care about what i do on my computer. Its alright since i can ask for donations, but the problem is i dont have a paypal account, i dunno how it works or any.. But wallie? Do you use a tablet? Because mouse is so hard to control and i dont have a steady hand. I might switch to a normal adopt style if i cant learn how to pixel. Thanks wallie and you can try to teach me if you want, ill try to learn it as possible. I was shocked that you are only 12? I tought you were 20 or higherXD, thats a great talent for you to have. Ill try my best to be patience and do not rush things. Thanks again!

Yeah, I use a tablet. However, mice(computer ones) work too. If you go on my site, ALL older the caterpillars(the ones without tails) were done with a mouse. Also, I have a table - do you have a tablet? If you can't draw with a mouse, I suggest spriting which in my opinion, is actually easier with a mouse since you can go back and edit the pixels to make it perfect... but it's a bit hard since things don't always appear the way you want them to... And about money... so your parents aren't willing to pay for you? Have you even talked to them?

Um nope, they dont want to. Sadly i dont have a tablet, should i choose sprite style instead? Im okay in shading and coloring but my biggest problem is lineart and anatomy, its hard to clean the lineart also, i hope i can be better soon

That's really disappointing since you have so much talent... umm, line art and anatomy... is control the problem or structure the issue? I had the most problems with shading and anatomy... The thing that helped me most with form and shading was just looking at other people's work or photos. XD

What was the tutorial you were talking about? Can you send it to me?

You might have to be a member of the site to see it, but I'll get the link:
http://squiby.net/forums/read/1436
You know how to work with opacity in photoshop right? How about layer masks?(these REALLY help)
Note: the tutorial is not for spriting, but you can still learn some of the concepts from it. :3

Yes i know about opacitys, but how about masking? Is that a clipping mask you are talking about?

Umm, I'm not sure if it's the same as a clipping mask, but in photoshop, you can use the magic wand tool to select a shape outside or inside a closed line, click hirde or reveal selection, select another layer, and click "add layer mask". Do you know any livestream stuff...?
Edit: nevermind, I'll use screen shot. D:

Last edited:
You should continue, it's good to get experience early! You're doing more than I was at your age, but I was still doing quite a lot. PayPal's definitely gotten a lot stricter since it opened.

I'm not very experienced with pixel art. I've got all the concepts of shading from doing non-pixel art, but I just can't emulate down to a pixel level as well as I'd like to. It's also hard to squeeze anatomy into such tiny spaces.

base_by_kyttias-d7mi65y.png

I added two more forms, and I think you should definitely keep the base. ovo~ It was made for you, and for practice for me.

Oh my! this is so great! i love them, this is a big help for me, thank you!