Eternia - needs staff

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages
Oh.... What!?!?! Im speechless, these are so great! thanks wallie for all your efforts to help me, this is a great base. It really is, Its easy to work with.. thanks waillie! I think ill switch to a non-pixel style, If its okay with kyittas, ill try to redraw his sprite to fit this.

ra1zkk.png

Oh man.. this is the result in like 6-8 tries. i tried about 5 hours (I been doing dis since yesterday, i just asked kyittas) MAN! Its hard to draw without a tablet.. It looks so crappy and unclean (With some little tiny dots).. I cant find a way to fix it..

I really hope i can get a tablet for my B-day (Its gonna be on july 7) and im turning 12.. But i dont think its possible because a tablet is soo expensive here in our country, almost 20k of our currency, i only get 2000 as my birthday allowance.. But ill never give up on this site...

^Actually, that's not bad at all for a mouse drawing. Also, you have to consider that on your adoptable site, that image is going to be smaller so SOME of the imperfections will seemingly disappear. Oh by the way, have you tried this:
Back when I didn't have a tablet, I used to draw all my stuff on paper, take a picture of it, open the picture in an editing software, and then trace the lines. The more you scroll in, the smoother your lines will be. Hope that helps. :3

You could try grabbing the eraser tool and 'sharpening' the ends of the lines where they round out. With pointed tips, it might improve? But zooming in is also good advice -- but backwards is even better: Open up what you're tracing to three or four times its normal size, then zoom out until it looks normal or twice it's normal size and draw on it from there. It doesn't sound logical, but once it's done, shrink it back down to the size it's supposed to be and it looks somehow crisper. When drawing on a larger canvas, the mistakes are smaller, so easier to fix, because you can zoom right in.

^That works really well.(If I understand what you're saying) :3 You'll have to draw slightly larger images though. Sometimes it can look blurry...

Eh, it doesn't matter if what you're tracing is blurry, it's getting deleted anyway. Once you've drawn something large, you can shrink it with no quality loss, so long as it's a .png. All bets are off if it's a .jpg or a .gif. I always draw 4x larger than I need to, crop, then shrink. It's also a good way of proving I'm the original artist - I have a file larger than a thief can produce without blurring it to enlarge it.