Editing Layout: Drupal

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

Shikari

Mysidian Dollar
Has anyone ever used Drupal to edit their MAS powered adoptables site? It was recommended to me by a friend and 000webhost also suggests it.

Can I delete the templates folder if I make a Drupal layout? Does the script depend on the templates to perform certain actions?

Thank You everyone for being so supportive during the building process. :usedusedused:

Drupal is a content management system - it has a member base, themes, admin system, permissions and more all built it. The Mysidia script is basically the same, it has members, themes, ACPs, permissions and adoptables and all this other stuff built in. To use Drupal, you'd have to merge the two systems - which would take more time and effort then it's worth. Drupal and Mysidia are more or less the same thing. You use one or the other.

You can use a Drupal /theme/ if you want, but you'd need to rip out all of the drupal coding from it, and Mysidia breaks 75% of the premade templates out there, for who knows what reason.

I think you're better stuck with just building a template based off the mysidia templates - If I'm deducing your question right, you are new to this script, and perhaps to coding in general, since you're using drupal in the wrong context. Mysidia is designed to give you all you need to build a complete site, as is Drupal, you don't need anything more but both is too much.

Yes, I've been using the script for...2 days now, and I'm rather new to coding but I catch on quickly. :p I was told that Drupal could help with my layout problem, but now I see what it really is. Thanks, I appreciate it!

Where are the other templates besides basic and element? I saw some folders for a few others but they aren't available in the Admin CP.

I think whoever recommended drupal for layouts didn't really understand the mysidia script. xD

http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1682 Here is a guide for adding more themes - if this doesn't work, PM me and I'll give you a step by step guide on how to do it via phpadmin.

If you are having any troubles, I can probably help~ I know some sites that offer blank templates for creating your own, I can give you those. Just drop me the links.

It's good to go through the forum a lot and read and see what other people do, it'll help you learn~ Learn by example, it'll cut down on mistake time. xD