[Bugs] Admin CP and Stuff OTL.

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

Niku

Mysidian Dollar
When you try to change a user's password through the admin CP, it uses the old encrypted password without the SALT and stuff.

Also if two people register with the same email they can't retrieve their password through an error.

If people register with symbols such as - [ ] its not there when you reply a message.

Also if you use weird symbols, you can't login.

Anyways those were the bugs that i've encountered running mysidia c:

When you try to change a user's password through the admin CP, it uses the old encrypted password without the SALT and stuff.

Thanks for pointing this out for me. I did not notice it since I never tried to change user's passwords through ACP. I will fix this glitch in the next release, thats for sure.

Also if two people register with the same email they can't retrieve their password through an error.
umm this... Looks like the sendemail script needs to be revised to not only check the user's email, but also the username. I will fix it too for next release, and I will enable admins to decide whether to allow users to register with the same email address for more than once, or not

If people register with symbols such as - [ ] its not there when you reply a message. Also if you use weird symbols, you can't login. Anyways those were the bugs that i've encountered running mysidia c:
Well this is not really a glitch, just the way the script was designed not to use weird symbols for username. I do not plan to change this in future releases unless requested by many members, sorry about that...

Hall of Famer

Well this is not really a glitch, just the way the script was designed not to use weird symbols for username. I do not plan to change this in future releases unless requested by many members, sorry about that...

Maybe add a validation check that looks for those symbols and sends back an error saying symbols such as []; etc are not allowed?

Maybe add a validation check that looks for those symbols and sends back an error saying symbols such as []; etc are not allowed?

Umm this sounds like a good idea, I will consider. Questions regarding strange symbols were constantly brought up in BMR's support forum, I am a bit surprised nobody had pointed it out since Mys' era until now.