Threads / Messages

PTGigi

Crazily Friendly~HoF
Premium Member
Mysidian Dollar
Ohai. Gigi appears after a long hiatus :U

Since I'm lazy I'm going to copy and paste this over from MA :3

Hey guys! So yeah...making a new site :3

Altara is a fantasy based site that offers a variety of creatures from the griffin-like Griffea to the serpentine Chi.

I'm building this site off of phpBB (forum). The forum has little to no coding of mine, but the main site is 100% coded by me :'D

The site is in Beta so you can go here and sign up! http://www.altara.99webs.info/forum/index.php

And yep! That's it for now :3 Coding more complicated stuff will take place during the Beta or after release (so don't bother telling me to add breeding or trading, I have that planned ;))

Last edited:
So that is you running Altara. Well I must say it is looking really good, nice choice of colors for the theme.I also see you have gotten started, at least with the layout, of your main/adopt page. And up in the header of the pages are those going to be the adopts? They look amazing, I will sign up! Best of luck!

Lol yes that is me! XD I was going to thank you but my computer died (I'm borrowing my mom's for the time being :3)

Thank you! :D And yes those are adoptables :3 I'm hoping I can code more once I get my files back (Best Buy is transferring the files to a new computer as we speak :D).

umm so you are integrating a forum software with Mys too, like what Kaeliah did a long time ago. Id say impressive, and I wish you the best luck of it. As Mys v1.3.0 is released, I may send a request to Vbulletin and ask their amazing coders to design a bridge for Mys and VB. The same may follow for other advanced forum enginers such as IPB and Xenforo.

Wait no. I'm building an adoptable site off of the PHPBB3 forum software. No Mys. All my own coding (except for the forums). :meow:

But the Mys integration sounds pretty cool 8D

Yay computer fixed so I can resume work |D Well not fixed exactly, I got a whole new computer XD 'Cept all my Adobe stuff isn't working D: So I either got to upgrade that or find a download for Web Premium CS5.0 (since the website only has 5.5 |: I got the serial number I just lost the installation disc ;-; )

Last edited:
*bump*

Still coding :3 I've also added spoilers to the main post though you can see them in the header anyway XD

Getting the adoption system done! I plan on moving this to Beta once I get the Adoption (nearly done), Level-up (test version done), Profile (nearly done), and Registration Completion (barely started) stuff done :3

As far as the adoption system goes I have it so if the adoptable has a price it will subtract your cash, and I nearly have actually adding the adoptable to the database done (so you can lose money basically XD *shot*).

Thank you!

As of right now I hope I'll get into beta by late October or at the most, sometime this year. Moving from beta to 'complete' will be longer, I have no idea how long that will be. Also, I just dropped Statistics (extra math class) for a Study Hall so that's 40 more minutes a day I can work on this 8D (honestly I knew everything the class went over o-o) So that's now about 60 - 140 minutes a day of work for Gigi :3

Minor update: If you're banned on the forums you can't access the site 8D W00t XD Hopefully this won't happen :3 Also added a new species to the site (4 variations). I'll need to add a lot more than 3 species (6 total variations) to release this site though D: (edit: well I would be adding the new species if lag didn't exist D: )

I should have adoption done this week (unless I get distracted by something else >:U)

Last edited:
I really love the forum integration with your content. c:
Great work!

Thank you! :D (it's a heck of a lot easier than I thought it would be to be honest XD)

Adoption done! Working on the profile some more (namely user's pet list). It's looking good so far 8D

Should be adding 1-2 new species soon so I'll add those up to the first post when I do :3

*bump* More stuff is getting done 8D

I forget what I've said is done here so I'll just cover everything:
  • Forums
  • Adoption system (basic done only)
  • Profile pages (displays avatar, info, latest 5 creatures, then a link to all the user's creatures)
  • Creature pages (displays info, owner box (managing creature), and code box)
  • Managing account (sorting options only so far)

Hopefully I can get this into beta before the end of October...speaking of which there's a Halloween "Event" which you may want to check out. :meow:

It looks quite nice so far Gigi, great job. Still, it is better if you show the link to a sample adoption page instead of a thread on your forum.

Well atm the only way I could let people adopt pets would be to let them on other parts of the site which are still rather shaky. Plus you can only adopt, there's no level-up system so until I get that done there's really no point in adopting X3

But as soon as I finish level-up I'll open the site up more and allow adoptions and the like :3

EDIT: Which, seeing how things are going now, I should have done sometime this week O: (today, tomorrow, or Friday)

Last edited:
Lol whoops forgot to post here XD

Altara is now open! :D You can feel free to join (though you could before X3)

There's 8 species with 1-5 variations each as of right now. I got the Pound working just now and there's some more basic features. :D There's a posting contest in the forums right now so feel free to check that out :D I'll be working on the Halloween promo and some form of a shop shortly. Maybe items if I get far enough O:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Forum Contains New Posts
  • Forum Contains No New Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BerrieMilk
BETA

Latest Threads

Latest Posts