Adoptables Shop - Working Again!

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages
RE: Item Shop - Working Again!

I did, and it works great!!

I am sure there is a lot we can do with a shop ! -- I have it where I can buy pets, and so far so good -- -ONE question -- no matter what I do, it says all pets are 1 dollar, LOL.

I tried to figure out how to change that, and so far, no luck. I'd like to make different prices --- is there a place to insert that in code I am missing?

( I did put the price when I made a new pet, where it says to, but it isn't 'taking' )

redheadturkey said:
I did, and it works great!!

I am sure there is a lot we can do with a shop ! -- I have it where I can buy pets, and so far so good -- -ONE question -- no matter what I do, it says all pets are 1 dollar, LOL.

I tried to figure out how to change that, and so far, no luck. I'd like to make different prices --- is there a place to insert that in code I am missing?

( I did put the price when I made a new pet, where it says to, but it isn't 'taking' )
hmmm there is a few spots i think you could of gone wrong, firstly check what order you put your $shop2 and $price vars into this chunk of code.
mine are at the end.

PHP:
mysql_query("INSERT INTO ".$prefix."adoptables VALUES ('', '$name', '$description','$eggimage','$cba','$promocode', '$freqcond', '$number','$datecond','$date','$adoptscond','$maxnumcond','$morethannum','$usergroupcond','$usergroups','$alternates','$altoutlevel','$altchance','$shop2','$price')");

Then check your database to see if you put the shop insert Before the price insert. These need to be in the same order that they are in the chunk of code above. Because the var $shop2 is set to 1 to single that is a shop item, but any number will work in fact thats why you didnt see anything goofy my setting the price if you crossed them
example price = 1000 is the same as shop = 1 the way i wrote the code

I had the price and the shop fields backwards in the SQL tables, got it, it's working!!

thanks so much for this script, it's wonderful!!

One question:

Any ideas on how this might be used to say, have an owner place an adoptable IN the shop, and carry out sales that way?

I apologize if this has been asked before! It likely has, lol, but I cannot locate the thread ....

Shops like that would be a totally different system, I think. :/

It would take creating a new shop with a number of features to get something like that to work. Plus you would also be giving others the ability to upload to your server & input a lot into your database which could leave you open to security issues.

I think she means an already adopted adoptable, not an actual adopt kind... correct me if I'm wrong. :)
I don't think I wanna code that - it's cool in principle, but I have other stuff to work on.

Arianna said:
I think she means an already adopted adoptable, not an actual adopt kind... correct me if I'm wrong. :)
I don't think I wanna code that - it's cool in principle, but I have other stuff to work on.

yep exactly! :D

Like let's say I have Rover and Dingdong, and I own them, but I'd like to sell them in the shop too.

That would be more of a trade shop then where they could auction the adopt for ingame coin or trade for something else. I am aware Brandon has a simple trade system for his MyAdopts site & I have created one that allows the auctioning of up to 3 pets at a time for up to 5 pets in trade plus in-game coin and real cash credits. Such a system can be made but it takes many hours depending on the complexity and features you want your users to have. Currently there isn't a mod available for download.

Sea

Seapyramid said:
That would be more of a trade shop then where they could auction the adopt for ingame coin or trade for something else. I am aware Brandon has a simple trade system for his MyAdopts site & I have created one that allows the auctioning of up to 3 pets at a time for up to 5 pets in trade plus in-game coin and real cash credits. Such a system can be made but it takes many hours depending on the complexity and features you want your users to have. Currently there isn't a mod available for download.

Sea

Hehe ya I am still a novice at php, the shop code is really simple but it took me a good 5 hours to figure out how to do it simpler after doing this the hardest way possible the first time. To be honest that kind of mod I am not sure if I made one would release to the general public considering it would take me forever and a half.

heheh I understand, I was overjoyed to get this code for a shop at all.

Thanks again for it ! ^__^

Fireballchad said:
Hehe ya I am still a novice at php, the shop code is really simple but it took me a good 5 hours to figure out how to do it simpler after doing this the hardest way possible the first time. To be honest that kind of mod I am not sure if I made one would release to the general public considering it would take me forever and a half.

ROLF I am doing more & more advanced code, but the one I did took me about a month to code. Hence 1 of the reasons I haven't made it available.

Sea

For the last bit you use in doadopt, are you -replacing- bits in doadopt, or just adding it? I am confused :) You just say use in in there..

Is it really necessary to use the attached adopt.php?
what's the different with the default one?

I would really love someone to update this first post and help fix the wording of it. I've tried for a while to get this to work and I cannot get it to.

I must say that it is a great piece of work, but in the first part, it isn't explained very well, and I think it may have errors which haven't been updated in the first post.

Can someone maybe do this please or post an update of how to do this please? I'd really appreciate it, as it would really help.