Add a new function in the myadopts page?

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

Infernette

CODE CODE CODE CODE CODE
Mysidian Dollar
I wanted to edit in another function to the myadopts page (to go with the rename options and whatnot) but I noticed that simply just copying the rename function and changing the name causes an error, so what other pages/parts do I need to edit?

Also, I was wondering, how do we go about updating a part of an adopt (I see that it has "setName" and such in the rename function, but can that jut be changed to a field I want updated or do I have to find some workaround? Sometimes It can just be changed or sometimes it refuses.........)

I'm using this to try to update my public selling/buying mod that I had on my old site. :)

A blank page indicates that you have a syntax error. There is an easy way to debug though, but mind posting the method/function you created yourself here so I can help you out?

Okay I figured out what was wrong! (good to know that those mean syntax now!) But I was wondering, how do you go about updating a part of an adopt. setName only works for name, and I can't use "setPrice" or just "price" to get it to update the price, so I was wondering how to go about it.

I think you should be looking at the class_ownedadoptables.php file to see what methods are available for an owned adoptable. You probably need to write a database query script to update the price, as there is no shortcut method to accomplish this like setName($name).