1.3.0 where is the CSS for the side menu?

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

Kesstryl

Mysidian Dollar
I can't seem to figure out which CSS sheet the formatting for the side bar menu is on. Some of the text has no margin spacing or padding, and there are several menu CSS sheets through the program, not sure which one controls this. It's not the customizable style sheet, that's what I do know (the margins there don't seem to make a difference here). If you want to see what I mean, look at www.fabletopia.com and you'll see some of the left side text in the menu flushes right up to the background image without a space.

Also, I can't seem to find where to change the title name (top of the browser tabs always says Mysidia Adoptables v1.3.0 instead of my own page names)

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

if you mean the see my account sidebar, the text to edit it is in functions.php and the css is the same as the rest of the site, unless said otherwise (which it shouldn't be).

If you mean for the dropdown menu, it is a file under css/menu.css - it's in a seperate folder. Is that what you mean? (also I think this is the wrong forum)

So it looks like on your site it is loading the
templates/main/media/bluestyle.css
css/menu.css

I would suggest trying firebug for firefox to help pinpoint what changing what in the css.

Yes it's a style sheet I've modified from the blank template that came in the main folder with all the others (ex city_style.cc) It's the same thing, just some fields left blank so you can add your own stuff.

Gloometh, thanks I will look in functions.php, this gives me a place to look I haven't looked in yet.

*Theme Coder Here*

I designed it so that if you use the following code type it works best:
Code:
<p>
<a href="link.url">link text</a>
</p>
Just find the section labeled "sidebar" in your functions file, and put each new link on it's own line (they are coded to display as "blocks") without breaks or new paragraphs.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, though what I needed to change was not in the functions.php, looking there helped me to find where I needed to look in my custom bluestyle.css (so that was where the change was needed after all :D)

All I needed to do was add a 10px padding in the main menu, and now the text is not right up against the background.