Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages
F

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Blogs Blog entries About

• I see, it makes perfect sense to me. The secure() function was added for a reason, and in most cases it is quite useful preventing dangers such as SQL injection. So yeah, Id say its better to use html_entity_decode() on text entered by CKeditor. Removing the secure() function can negatively affect other stuff in this script.

Actually I've splited the admin.php and functions.php into multiple files for Mys v1.3.0, so are with the database tables prefix.adoptables and prefix.users since they are getting too long. Also created new folders 'classes', 'functions', 'css' and 'js' for future use, they may not be quite important now but I am sure it will help in a long run. Dont you think so?
    I think i've found out the cause of this problem. It inserts some weird characters such as <p> to the database and messes up the format. I fixed it already, by applying this function on comments:

$comment = html_entity_decode($comment);

Its weird though, wasnt like this before...

Also I had to apply another function to get the link, image, alignment and font style/color codes to work.

$comment = stripslashes($comment);

The good thing is that almost 90% of CKEditor features are working out normally now, so lets hope for the best.
    Alright, I will send you the file now. Do you need the entire Mysidia adoptables v1.3.0 or just the shoutbox.php and ckeditor stuff?
    That would be great, I wonder what differences PDO makes compared to MysqLi, but the transition should not be too difficult. For now, mind helping me betatest Mys v1.3.0 once the beta release is available?

Also for now I cant seem to get the wysiwyg editor to work on Mys v1.3.0. This is weird, since I had tried it on Mys v1.2.x and my pokemansion site, never had such problems. It cannot convert codes like <p><strong> </strong></p> to what they are supposed to look like. Could it be some kind of files missing?
    Hey dude, do you want to help out with the database class project following the release of Mys v1.3.0? I've looked into your suggestion and it seems that PDO is the right choice to make(it allows more than just Mysql). Using database class makes the script looks better inherently, and more importantly, it handles the problem of connecting to more than one database nicely. Many users will connect to two databases simultaneously with MyBB integration, so I am sure it helps.
    So can you possibly try to get a forum script to work with Mys? You may simply edit Bloodrun's old Mys v1.1.x compatible version, or create one from scratch.
    umm so maybe it is caused due to the lack of appropriate production environment? If so, we will need to figure out a solution prior to Mys v1.3.0's solution to improve its performance since otherwise we'd hear complaints from users such as 'Shoutbox crashes my site!' and so on...

Thats interesting, it took me half a min to post a short message and more than one min for a longer message. My college's internet is fast so...

Anyway if you have time, would you mind modifying the script's cookie system so that it is more standardized and secure?
    Well it was rather slow when I post a message from editor to shoutbox, it takes half a min or even longer to refresh the page. Also u posted your message on ur own profile... Do not forget to click 'view conversation' when replying to a message.
    Are you talking about the javascript for the CKEditor? Or are you talking about the input sanitization by HTMLPurifier?
    Hi there. I ran your WYGIWYS script on my pokemansion site and it did work perfectly except... Well, it seems to run rather slowly. Is there a way to optimize the code so that it wont be this resource-intensive?
    Hey dude do you have some time to kill now? Would you mind redoing the online.php and fixing the multiple same user online glitch? Just send it to me after you are done with it, and the bug will be considered resolved in future releases.
    I see, its perfectly fine. I am not expecting it to be done in 1-2 weeks, you will have plenty of time. Also the visitor messaging(Profile Comments) system is not yet completed, I will have to make one from scratch and possibly release Mys v1.2.4 with it. Eventually the user profile will gets it completely redesign with tabs system, similar to the one you see on vbulletin forums.
    So Fadillzzz, would you mind doing the forum script based on what Bloodrun already made and modify it to what you think it should look like? You may create a forum script from scratch too, thats just gonna take more time.
    Also I was able to extract the WYSIWYG zip file using 7zip, I will look into the script later. It seems that we can upgrade every old text editor into WYSIWYG editor.
    Well yeah, Bloodrun did one for Mys v1.1.x already. What you can do is to update it so it is compatible with the latest release, and maybe add more features in it such as integration of WYSIWYG editor in forum post.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Forum Contains New Posts
  • Forum Contains No New Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BerrieMilk