White Screen

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

supergoudvis

Mysidian Dollar
After installing the script I only get a white screen when I go to the site..

The site im working at is vbgames.tk/pet, I'm hoping that someone can help me.

Thanks,

Joey

- Did you install a template at the same time? Confirm that the template.tpl inside templates/main/ (or if not main, the name of the template you installed) has it's contents intact. If you installed a theme through the admin panel without checking the box that says you already have the files in place, it will overwrite the template.tpl with whatever you inserted into the textbox provided, and if it's blank, so will your template be.

- Did you install it with the forum at the same time? Rename or delete the htaccess file in the forum.

I didnt install a template or forum at all. Do I have to install it to make it work? Because that was the part I missed than.:ColonEE:

No, you don't. Just ruling out the possibilities. I'm not sure what could have caused nothing to appear at all! Sorry, you'll have to wait for someone else to help. In the meanwhile, try removing the script (and clearing out the database) and reinstalling it?

Re

Umm, I have no idea, but do you have an "install" folder? Did you change your file permissions?

@Kyttias did try that already 2 times, thank you for your time anyways ^^

@Wallie987 no, only the maps I've had to chmod 777 and the config (changed the config back tho)

Maby it is because im running on a VPS??

Yes I did, but somehow it doesnt work :( Definetely need some help to set it up right :(

Is your config.php correct and with proper information? I can access the /install pages, it's weird the index doesn't work if you installed already

Jup, tried reinstall 2 more times, cleaned the database redownload the package and im out of options now :(

Can someone list the things this all needs from php and all the others?
I think im missing some of them since it just gives me a blank output. Im now install all php things with command "yum install php*" but does it use some more as php only?

Your config, png, jpg, and gif files... wait, you did or did not change them? I looked back at your older response, but I couldn't completely understand.
Wait, you created a database user right?

You're installing all of PHP itself? Oh. Well then.

When you said 'VPN' I assumed it was something that came entirely pre-configured. Any standard webhost would have changed a handful of default settings!

I'm used to using WAMP (Windows-Apache-MySQL-PHP), not LAMP(Linux version thereof) - (which seems to be what you have, given the console command you listed). However, in my install package for WAMP, there were several things that needed to be configured before several functions in this (and a few other scripts) would run. I know nothing about Linux commands, however.

First of all - Apache. You'll need to make sure mod_rewrite is enabled.

And then PHP.ini - turn on openssl. (Open up the file?? Remove the ; at the start of the line extension=php_openssl.dll to uncomment it and turn on openssl.) You'll also want to change the error_reporting to error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_STRICT to remove some notices that an ordinary webhost would hide.

Ordinary people installing this script to a hosting provider wouldn't run into any issues, because these things are usually enabled as a best practice.

White screen

I enabled the mod rewrite did change the error setting already but somehow I cant get my openssl working, its generating a key and everything works without a error and I seee its enabled by typing "php -m|grep openssl" where I get
"openssl" as output but still it doesnt load. Also searched for the settings in the php.ini but couldn't find a line with openssl there.. Also I have to mention my server isnt running on windows but on Centos 6.

Operating system shouldn't matter so much, once it's all installed.

Try searching for ";extension=php_openssl.dll" with the ; at the start? It's all mushed together with no breaking spaces, so if you searched for only part of it, that'd be like trying to find "scotch" in the word "butterscotch".

Google search results that might help: [x], [x].

Even after those steps (only ssl still doesnt work) my mysidia just shows me a ehite screen on my centos VPS any more ideas please?

Hmm... the last person I told turn on ssl that did so got theirs working. =/ So... that's the only advice I can give, other than the obvious removing of the install folder after you've run the installation file in that folder.