What does mybb intergration mean?

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

Rovick

Mysidian Dollar
Does it mean when they have an account on the site, they dont need to create one anymore for the forum? I wrote my details on the inc/config_forum.php . What should i put on the path? I dont know what to put there, please help :D

Umm, I THINK you put how you get to the forum stuff like:
home/public_html/forums -something like that...

Here's what mine looks like. Information I've removed has been replaced with *** -

inc/config_forums.php -
Code:
<?php
//Mysidia Adoptables Site Configuration File

//Forum Integration Info: MyBB
$mybbenabled = 1; // 0 = disabled, 1 = enabled
$mybbhost = 'localhost'; // Consult your host if you believe this field is not localhost
$mybbuser = '***';
$mybbpass = '***';
$mybbdbname = '***';
$mybbpath = '/forum';
$mybbprefix = 'mybb_'; // This is the default setting as you install MyBB forum, feel free changing it if you have a different prefix
$mybbremember = -1;  		
?>

You'll also have to remember to log onto the forums and disable registration through the forum. Once logged into Mysidia, visit the forum, then go to the Admin CP > Configuration > User Registration and Profile Options > Disable Registrations > Yes.
cap2_by_kyttias-d7ml12l.gif

This way the number of users stay synced, in case someone accidentally registers through the forum instead of the actual site. This way, that can't happen, so there won't be any issues down the line. :usedusedused:

Yeah, the integration means that you need to register one and only one account on your adoptables site and you will be able to log into both your site and forum. Without this, you will need to register accounts separately, and they are not synced. Also keep in mind that at this moment we do not have a user sync feature, so your forum cannot exist prior to you install the site. The integration script so far only works with new forums, not for existing forums that you already have hundreds of users.