HELP! "Adoptable does not exist"

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

gunpowdercat

Mysidian Dollar
So I created an adoptable with an apostrophe in the name, not realizing it would affect it this badly, or at all-- and I cannot edit the adoptable, at all. It simply says

"Adoptable Valentine\\ does not exist..." and I cannot enter adopt shops, because when I created it, I put it in one. I know that deleting the adopt should fix this problem; but how do I delete it if I cannot edit it?

Edit the name in the database (via phpMyAdmin). If it's a species, check inside adopts_adoptables. If it is an owned adoptable, look inside adopts_owned_adoptables.

Thank you, worked like a charm! Curious on something else as well though, i'm probably just having a brainfart- where exactly do i go to edit the index text?

In the AdminCP, you can go to Content > Edit Custom Pages and select the index from there.

I, personally, actually recommend not using the AdminCP for doing custom pages, but that's just me, because I want to actively use PHP and Javascript and not have an arbitrary word limit. WYSIWYG editors really kind of irk me with their utter lack of customization and rather unintelligent rendering engines that can't handle HTML elements intuitively. So, if you're like me and would rather edit the index by hand, see this mod.