Theme Editing/Uploading Help?

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

TheBigBlack

Mysidian Dollar
Well, I've been trying to just change the images and some of the text for the main theme for v1.3.1, but no matter what changes I make to the actual css file for the main theme, it won't show up on the actual site. I've tried editing it in the file manager for 000webhost and saving it, as well as editing it in notepad++ and just over writing it with filezilla, but none of that seems to work. I tried just changing a few small things to see if it would work, but not even that came into effect (I tried changing the font to Rockwell, editing the hover over the website text, etc.). Any idea how I can get this to work? xD

I am.... not that great at coding :happyc:

Um, wrong forums - all questions go in one forum. :3

are you sure you're linking to the right file? Go find something that looks like this in your file;

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="templates/new/styles2.css" />

Check that it is the same as the file you were editing.

I have tried refreshing, hard refreshing, going to another page and coming back, and going to various pages on the sites. So far as I can tell, nothing has changed.

Well yeah thats a possibility Stargirl. If you are using Firefox you most likely will have this problem unless you 'refresh' your page, or even restart Firefox. XD

I'm using Google Chrome right now, will that have any issues like FF does? xD

I use Google Chrome and all I have to do when updating my CSS is refresh the page, so I don't think so :p

Black, did you try my suggestion? Because I've had this problem before and that is normally what it is.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that? I'm just editing the file "style.css" in the "main" folder, in what file would a find that code in, and what would I do with it after I've edited it?

The style.css is for if you want to create a new theme based on Main. The style-city.css is what you should be looking at, since "main" uses that css.

Stargirl is right - your theme isn't using style.css, it is using a different one - you need to find the piece of code I posted earlier in your file, and change it to style.css instead of style-city.css or whatever is being used.