Reinstall elements theme

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

KatFennec

Mysidian Dollar
I uninstalled the elements theme packaged with the script, and have decided I would like to reinstall it. However, when I try to do so I am presented with a blank page upon loading my site.

I uninstalled the elements theme packaged with the script, and have decided I would like to reinstall it. However, when I try to do so I am presented with a blank page upon loading my site.

Depending on your installation's settings PHP may be writing errors to a file on your server (typically this file is called php_error.log). If not, or if you can't find where that file is located, try turning on error reporting:

PHP:
ini_set('display_errors', true);
error_reporting(E_ALL);

This is not something I'd advise you to do on a live site, but if that's only enabled in the admin panel there shouldn't be any risk.

If you didn't have the box checked at the bottom of the theme installation page when you finished, then it overrode the files with whatever you had in the text boxes on that page (nothingness). Double check that the element theme files exist still and have contents inside them? This is probably what happened?

(Proper capitalization matching is also of utmost importance. In this case the theme name should be capitalized and the folder name should not be.)

Last edited: