questions from a newbie

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

maskeradeplays

Mysidian Dollar
Hi! so im pretty new to all this pet site creation stuff, the most experience i have is lorekeeper and i believe thats pretty different in a way? i was recommended this site by one of the team members of a pet site im on as a way to get my foot in the door, I guess my question is, where do i actually find all the functions the code has? is there a specific forum post i can look at for that? or is it all spread around?

Hi~ Unfortunately Mysidia lacks proper documentation at the moment. The best way I've found to get used to the script is to have a solid plan for what you want your site to be and to just jump in. Study the files and use that as a way of seeing how it builds the pages. Feel free to post questions on the forum though, there are a few people that can help. If you join the Discord as well you can ask for help there.

If you're new to the script I'd recommend starting with version 1.3.4. The current version is 1.3.6 but the code and file structure has recently been changed quite a bit and there are more mods and tutorials for 1.3.4 available. Also that's the one I'd say most people in the community are familiar with as it was around for a long time.

If you want to just jump in with 1.3.6 there are a few of us trying to learn it so we can try to help you get used to it. Though like I said, there aren't many mods available. I've managed to bring a few across but yeah, most are for 1.3.4 haha

Welcome to the community though!~ :)

Start with the Admin Control panel, this will give you basic stuff without digging into the code just yet. Basically you upload images first, then go create adoptables and items, and they will be added to your site. Explore this first so you get a feel for what you can do. Once you get to the point where you pretty much have this manageable and you want to start modding, you can add some of the 1.3.6 mods so you get used to digging in the files. And yes, we are more active on the discord page.