Pixel Art Tutorials?

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages
Yes~! Very interested. All the way from sketching shapes to cleaning up the lines, then on to choosing a palette and a couple different shading techniques. For me... it's like I know all the basics but then putting them into practical use just doesn't happen as I intend. I need practice. :desudesudesu:

Okay, awesome! ^^ I may be able to start doing tutorials today. I figured I'd mostly release tutorials on the weekends since I'm attending school, have a part-time job, AND have a baby to care for haha, so weekdays are busy! But today I don't have class so I'll try to get one in. :)

Oh art tutorials? Sounds nice and interesting, I am sure members will find them helpful. I just happen to realize that nobody has ever made such tutorials before, so you can post anything you want, for starters or for pro-artists, its your choice. Have fun with that!

ok, got my first tutorial made! it covers the very very basics, so for anyone more advanced just be patient and i'll have better tutorials on the way! :x

Tutorial number 2! I'm bad at explaining things so if anyone has questions just ask me!

pixel_tutorial__coloring_and_shading_sprites_by_tahbikat-d7nfhkj.png

Thanks! This is amazing - I love your critter! Could you make a tutorial on how to do this with paterns? :D

Patterns? Do you mean like spots, stripes, etc? I sure could. ^^ I'll put that on my to do list!

^ That would be great! I'm kind of unsure on how to do shading in pixel art since in non-pixel art, I just use the opacity brush. I'm not sure if there's another way with pixels. XP

No problem. And with pixel art, everything is done with the pencil brush and bucket fill tool only! Once you get the hang of it it's quite fun, though time consuming!

When shading, you simply select a darker hue of your color. So if I have blue, I'll select a slightly darker blue for the shadows and draw them in with my pencil tool. Same with highlights, except you choose a brighter color of course.

Awesome! Can you explain how to do glass as well? I've been struggling with an adoptable made of glass.