Many logging in issues

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

Abronsyth

A Headache Embodied
Mysidian Dollar
Hello, it is I, the one with many bugs!

As of late a good number of my users have been reporting issues with logging in. They simply are unable to, even when most definitely entering the correct usernames and passwords. Unfortunately this leads to many of them resetting their passwords, but when they do reset their passwords that feature doesn't work (it doesn't reset the password), and they're simply unable to login at all.

I haven't had this issue at all, but I only ever use one computer and most of these issues are occurring with users who use multiple devices (such as their home computer, their phone, a school computer, etc) to login.

I don't know which files I should post because I cannot figure out why/where this error is happening. If anyone has any idea where an error that results in the system thinking that login credentials are wrong (when they are correct) would be then please let me know.

Sorry for the issues and for the lack of details in this one :(

Lately I've been having some issues myself. If I hard refresh (ctrl+f5) I can (usually) log in, but I want to blame the browser somehow...? Maybe some recent update is fudging cookies? ...I can't really get to the bottom of it, either. :hmmm:

I have this exact issue, has there been a fix for it?

No, unfortunately the login issues (as well as forget password bug) have not yet been fixed. I'm planning on eventually hiring someone to recreate the login feature/debug it.

*nodnod* Thanks for the update.

We had to recreate our database and reinstall mysidia to allow people to log in, the firstu ser was locked out as well but once the database was set up it worked, but we didn't do anythign besides install it yet, so we had nothign to back up.

Actually the fresh installation of Mysidia Adoptables do not have this problem, for as far as I know. I understand some may experience the issue of first admin not able to log in, but this should never occur to new members anyway. Good chance is that you have modified the core script and something is messing up with the password validation system, but its hard to debug since there's little information.

My installation I had with this problems were entirely new all I haddone was install n adoptable and this was before I installed the forum and my two admins started having issues with logging in, one could not get the password reset to work, it simply wouldnt show up for them, the other one logged out and ouldn't login again, butg had the password reset work.

Me manually changing their passwords also didnt work and they cleared their cache and cookies.

We r3einstalled so we could install the forum and on the second install, the admin could not log in.

However many installs later we seem to be doing fine and we have the forum installed, so I'm not sure what was happening before.

I'm still having this issue and can't figure out what to do about it. I've reinstalled multiple times, cleared my cache and cookies, and still haven't come to any sort of solution.

I can't login to the admin account at all, so I can't do anything with the site. Is there still no fix? Is there a way to manually change another account (which I CAN login to) to admin?