IP Block

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

TheShadow

Mysidian Dollar
For a while my members and I have been routinely IP blocked by my site for a day at a time. I thought this was my ISP until others started getting blocked too. Then I looked at my host, upgraded to paid hosting. It fixed it until I began snaplinking several adoptable pages. I was blocked again. I am no programer, but from what I've seen it's being caused by there being too many mySQL queries and it's tripping something in security. In the past we've gotten errors when snaplinking to the effect of "'too many mySQL connections' inc/function.php line 76". It got worse when we installed the shout box mod.

What I'd like to know, is if this is something in the code of mysidia or something I should take up with my host?

Edit: The block seems to be shorter with the paid host. I was able to access my site within a few hours.

Last edited:
The host is the one preventing all the mysql querries. In a few months we'll be coming out with a very big upgrade to the Mysidia script which should use less querries and be more efficient but I would definitely talk to your host about this issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Forum Contains New Posts
  • Forum Contains No New Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monako
BETA

Latest Threads