Internal server Error

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

livingingc

Mysidian Dollar
i dont know what the problem is.. uploaded the new version.. followed everything it gave me green lights and now its showing this.

weathervaneicecreme.com/pets/

old script is here: there both pointing to the same database info except when i got to table prefix, i did notice the old script didnt have one and i left it as adopts_

weathervaneicecreme.com/petarena/

If you're getting an internal server error, it may be because of the .htaccess files the script uses. Maybe your server doesn't support them?

Anyway, locate the .htaccess files located inside of picuploads/gif and picuploads/jpg and delete them. Then see if that removes the internal server error. Also, make sure in your pets directory that there is not a .htaccess file as that can also cause an internal server error if .htaccess is not supported by the server.

Deleting the .htaccess files will not do any harm to your server. They're only there as an extra security measure. Most, but not all, servers support .htaccess files. :)

That's really odd that you're still getting a 500 Internal Server Error after deleting all three files. How far along did you get, I mean did you run the installer yet, have you gotten to the upgrader, etc?

It certainly should not be showing a 500 error though. Any other .htaccess files on the site? Maybe double check that they are indeed deleted? I know with some FTP programs deleting files beginning with .'s is flaky as those are treated as hidden files.

there are no other .htaccess files. i have no idea.
i ran the installer and upgrader

Ok. This is really puzzling me. If you were able to run the installer and upgrader than that means whatever is blocking the site or causing the 500 error most likely is in the pets folder, as you seem to be able to access pets/install and pets/upgrader but just not pets/ by itself.

Try deleting all of the files in the pets/ folder with the exception of inc/config.php and then re-upload all of the files fresh from the download. I don't know if this will help at all or not, but it is worth a try.

Also, try deleting the htaccess.txt file if it exists. Also maybe check your server logs and see if anything is listed under the error log that pertains to the 500 internal server error and maybe paste that info here from the logs.

ok i deleted and reuploaded and no luck. the logs dont say anything exept error 500. :/

Ok, honestly I don't know why it is throwing a 500 error to be honest. It should not be. The only thing I can think is, maybe you are uploading the files in the wrong FTP mode? There are two modes, binary and text modes and some servers require that you upload files like PHP in one mode vs the other, otherwise it may corrupt the files when they are uploaded. Maybe that is happening here? Try re-uploading the PHP files but first try text mode, then if that doesn't work then binary mode. You should be able to change the upload mode in your FTP program.