Installing phpBB Forums, 000webhost?

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

TheBigBlack

Mysidian Dollar
*EDIT* Apologies for the title, I'm using MyBB, not phpBB. I can't read in the morning ,__,

I'm really sorry for asking this, since there are a few really great tutorials out there, but nothing seems to be working. I can't connect to my database through filezilla, which is what the tutorials say to do, I can only connect to my ftp. I'm guessing that because I can't connect to the database, that's why it isn't working when I try to go to the install file for the forums.

After I created the database, the page that came up had this information on it:
"MySQL database will be created in 1 minute. Use these details for your PHP scripts:

$mysql_host = "mysql13.000webhost.com";
$mysql_database = "a4560878_mybbfor";
$mysql_user = "a4560878_mybbfor";
$mysql_password = "(Removed for security)";"

I tried entering that information into filezilla, however when I try and connect, it says:
"Status: Resolving address of mysql13.000webhost.com
Error: Connection timed out
Error: Could not connect to server
Error: Connection timed out
Error: Could not connect to server"

The only time it will allow me to access anything is if I put in my FTP details, found under the FTP.
FTP Details:
"FTP host name: caballins.netai.net
FTP user name: a4560878
FTP password: ******
Folder to upload files: public_html"

So I was wondering if anyone could walk me through installing the forums to a site hosted on 000webhost? I apologize again, but I don't have much coding knowledge so most of what I do is either mucking with everything or using tutorials. Thank you to anyone who helps!

Last edited:
If you're wanting to use forum integration with your Mysidia adoptables site, you need to use MyBB. phpBB can't be used for the forum integration at this time.

Ahh sorry I meant MyBB. I did load the MyBB files, not phpBB, sorry about that. That's why I don't usually ask anything in the morning.

Well first of all it is possible to integrate Phpbb with Mysidia Adoptables, you just cant find a Mod or built-in script to do this for you in an easy way. You have to bridge Phpbb with this script manually if you happen to own a Phpbb forum.

And I see you have a misconception here. You aint supposed to enter database information in filezilla, which is used to access ftp. Instead, open config_forum.php file and insert the information in the appropriate fields.

That makes sense, thank you! What do I enter in the "$mybbpath = '';" field?

The path of your mybb forum. It is usually /forum but depends on which directory you used to install your forum.