Installation Error

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

PreuxFox

Mysidian Dollar
I am attempting to install Mysidia v1.3.4 and I run into a problem during the 'createadmin' section. After entering my username, password, date of birth, etc. and clicking to continue, I get this error:

"Could not connect to database, the following error has occurred:
SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory"

I have tried peeking at the code for createadmin.php but I am having trouble figuring what must be missing. If it matters, my host is 000webhost. I have also tried just deleting all the files from public_html and doing a clean install (I had some trouble with moving the files over the first time so I thought that might be the problem) but I am still getting the same error.

I would really appreciate any help, thank you :happyc:

Download and upload fresh version and give it try ^^
And i am sure you have entered wrong database information ^^

A trick -
When you create a database and its user then name it same then try because i am sure you have entered anything wrong

OK I have tried your recommendations - I downloaded the files fresh, reset my site and loaded everything up again; and this time I gave the database and the user the same name. But, I am still having the same problem.

Here is the information that 000webhost gives me for my database:

info_zps8ka0gwr2.png

I only named the database and the user 'puddles' - 000webhost adds the ID number at the beginning so I don't have a choice about that.

Here is how I am entering the information:

fields_zpsbrsfzbza.png

I have tried some different things and here were the results:

If I enter both user and database just as 'puddles' without the ID, it gives me a different error, it says I do not have permission to access the database as user 'puddles'.

If I enter user as 'id1039547_puddles' and database as 'puddles', it gives me the same original error ("SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory"). So perhaps I am still using the wrong database name but I don't have any idea what it would be if it is not 'puddles' as I entered or 'id1039547_puddles' as they show me in the database information...

Thanks very much for trying to help, but I think I am going to try x10hosting as a host instead and hopefully I won't have this problem there. (I originally wasn't using it because I was having trouble getting the confirmation email - but I see now that it has unlimited storage while 000webhost does not for free accounts - so it seems like a good idea to switch regardless :smile: )

P.S. I was able to get it running on x10 (after applying the fix in the sticky) so the problem seems to be with 000webhost somehow. Thanks again for your assistance!

Last edited: