HTML location

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

GuardiansWish

Mysidian Dollar
When trying to install a theme to my site (it's already in my file directory), the site asks for a name (obvious) and it's location. Where do I find this, particularly the html location. I have tried many different ways to try and get it but no luck so far. Any advice?

location is the folder it is in. :3 so templates/[themename]/template.html would be the location. you normally only need to do the [themename]/template.html part, but I can't remember. I add themes via the phpmyadmin.

Tried that, got this error (again and again and again)

The theme you are trying to install cannot be found on this server at the specified URL. Please go back and double check that the path to the theme's HTML file is correct. If you uploaded the theme and you are sure the URL is correct please make sure your web host does not have PHP's safe_mode configuration enabled as this can interfere with using or locating themes.

I'm using x10hosting btw, and I can't find a single thing in any reference to a PHP safe mode.

Last edited:
you should try adding through the phpmyadmin then. That normally works better.

Well PHPmyadmin is indeed the best choice to take at this moment. I will overhaul the ACP for Mys v1.4.0 though.

Just go into the phpmyadmin, find the table labeled [prefix]_themes, and click insert a new row, then just enter the theme name and folder name. :3 not too hard.

Okay, I'm still doing something wrong, so I've come with a screenshot now. It's of my PHPmyadmin interface. Am I doing something wrong as I'm still getting the error above.

I am trying to install Spookywood, I have done the same thing for it as I attempted to do for Chibiry before learning it was incompatible with 3.1

http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r602/RileyBear2012/phpmyadminhelp.png

Last edited:
Well yeah, Chibiry theme is not compatible with Mys v1.3.x. I know this is a problem seeing how many of you really dig the theme, unfortunately there's nothing I can do about it. Consult Inf3rnal, the one who designed this theme, to see if there's any chance you can get him to make a Mys v1.3.x compatible version of Chibiry.