Forking MySidia

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

Csar

Mysidian Dollar
Hi!

I'm a PHP developer and we're starting a site with Mys now. Mysidia would be our first choice.

I'm really interested in forking Mysidia to make heavy changes to the script including following:
  • Theme engine: allowing a greater customization of single plages and separating PHP from HTML and JS is a personal must for me
  • Plugin engine: a wordpress inspired plugin engine that allows installing plugins without altering the code and creating plugins without installing them the aplx way (approximately on line x) and to make them more compatible with each other.
  • Some other tweaks and optimizations I found I want to make

I'm not interested in selling this changes, and would keep them open source. But especially I'm not interested in changing the idea behind the script so I think it would be great if we all improved the script for one common target.

I don't know if you are interested in keeping a common roadmap allowing the projects to share code and to pull back and forth from one project to the other. I think it would help all the teams and the script itself, but I'd definitely respect if you're not interested in this.

If you're not interested I'd also like to know what the Mys license says about derivative works, if we need to keep a certain license, give certain messages or if we're not allowed to redistribute it at all.

Thanks

Csar