Condition based on highest level adopt owned?

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

Kyttias

Super Moderator
Super Mod
Mysidian Dollar
Condition based on highest level adopt owned? *solved*

How can I check if a user owns at least one adoptable above a certain level?

I'd like to bar entry to certain pages until the user has an adoptable "strong enough" to protect them there. I don't need a guide on how to make a custom page, just... the database statement.

edit: Nvm, after a lot of tinkering, I got it:
PHP:
#Check if user has an adoptable at least lvl 10
$mysidia = Registry::get("mysidia");
$req_lvl = 10;
$stmt = $mysidia->db->select("owned_adoptables", array("currentlevel"), "owner='{$mysidia->user->username}'");
if ($stmt >= $req_lvl) {  
	$msg = "You have a lvl {$req_lvl}, {$mysidia->user->username}? Awesome!";
}
else {
	$msg = "{$mysidia->user->username}, you do not have a lvl {$req_lvl}.";
}

But while I'm here, any way I can get the name of said strongest adoptable?

Last edited:
You can actually put your condition inside the query

$count = $mysidia->db->select("owned_adoptables", array("aid"), "owner='{$mysidia->user->username}' and currentlevel >= {$req_lvl}")->rowCount();

That will return how many rows there are with that information. So if user doesn't have an adoptable with that minimum level, it returns 0

$theOne = $mysidia->db->select("owned_adoptables", array(), "owner='{$mysidia->user->username}' and currentlevel >= {$req_lvl} limit 1")->fetchObject();

This will return the whole row. I limited it by one because it might have more than one at max level. So you can access their information now with stuff like:

$hisName = $theOne->name;

Last edited:
Much more efficient, thanks so much! Originally, I had something similar to the first query statement you made, but it was missing the rowCount function. The sooner I get comfortable with these database queries, the better. ^^;